PO: Slint - Spiderland Box Set

It would be a shame if the DVD was only released with the box. It has been in progress for years and should be seen by the masses. I assumed the release was far off, so I am still excited to be able to watch it soon.

Derek, PM me around the release date if you don't buy it and they don't release everything separately.

I will definitely get this on clearance at some point.

Same, no problem here waiting a year or two to get it 50% off.

If it had been /313, well, that's what credit cards are for. ;)

Sigur Ros can sell 3000 box sets for $150 a pop, can Slint? We'll see if they languish or not. $450,000+ gross is a pretty good chunk to siphon from the vinyl club, and a small subset at that.

Guest Timbo_Slice

The shirt is stupid…like, they "found" their 1989 screen (which they could have easily remade) and they only make it available through ordering a $150 box set. This whole thing reeks of classism. 

• 2 weeks later...

The documentary included in the box set is getting a limited theatrical release in select cities:

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/slint-documentary-breadcrumb-trail-to-get-theatrical-screenings-in-select-cities

That teaser clip is really good. Still holding onto the $ and not regretting missing signed set, but do want the price to drop some day.

Any significance to the  number /3138 pressing? Ideas?

Any significance to the  number /3138 pressing? Ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that Pajo is a huge Misfits fan (and probably all of them are), and they have a song called "We Are 138." Beyond that, I have no idea.

Beyond all logic, I actually sprung for one of these - signed copy. Looking forward to hearing the remastered version!