Protest the Hero - New Pressings of All Albums (PO VERY SOON) 2nd Run!

Well honestly, its been so long since I have listened to this album, it could just be the way the album was recorded and I just don't remember. It just seems some songs have far to much bass (making them sound muddy), while others sound pretty flat.

It uses the same plates as the earlier pressings. The first press ( black ) was 180 gram, so this is physcally lighter/thinner than that pressing, the next once coming up will be 180 gram again.

• 2 months later...

Got an email today.

Luke here from Protest the Hero - I generally handle all things merch / records / vinyl when it comes to the band. I take a lot of pride in trying to churn out decent stuff without charging an arm and a leg.

If you have bought anything from us online or on tour over the years, we really appreciate it. In a world of laughably low record sales - you can bet the farm that buying band merch is one of the only remaining ways to support an artist directly (some artists gave up those rights too though! We never will, however)

If you are receiving this message, you were one of a good chunk of people who pre ordered this next run of Protest the Hero vinyl. Sorry there has been radio silence on our end so far. Wanted to let you know that everything has been ordered. I had to approve a test pressing of Fortress (which took forever to come in). We are going with a heavy multicolour splatter option for Fortress and we needed to switch plants, so it was the safest way to go. Last thing I want is for you guys to get this in the mail and then it has a prince album on it or something right? ...I guess it could be worse than that though eh?

Anyhow - wanted to take the time to say thank you again and let you know that we are committed to getting this out to you all as quickly as possible! Your patience has been amazing and I can't wait to see these start popping up on Instagram with glowing reviews!

I don't want to let you know the colours yet though. Sometimes these things come out completely different than how I imagine them! I will leave you with one word to describe each one...that fair?

Kezia - Bloody

Fortress - Translucent

Scurrilous - Starburst

Hope this wets your appetite some - love doing this vinyl stuff myself!

luke / pth

I thought it was a limited time pre-order and they closed it after a certain amount of time?

Well either there'll be an excess of them on discogs and the price will be ridiculous to start but then probably be OK, or they'll round up the number to the nearest hundred/thousand and sell a few more, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Well either there'll be an excess of them on discogs and the price will be ridiculous to start but then probably be OK, or they'll round up the number to the nearest hundred/thousand and sell a few more, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

They said on their Facebook page that "waiting until later to get one could be a risky move". I'm pretty sure some copies will pop up in their store.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...