+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

This is such an awesome idea man, I'd like to be considered as well. Colin's an awesome guy and Psychic Babble doesn't get nearly enough recognition. I was fortunate enough to chat with him for a while at his art gallery opening in Philly the other year.

On a slightly related note, when Psychic Babble did their first tour opening for Anthony Green a few months back, one of the band's touring members was a dude who runs one of my favorite small businesses, Miles to Go. He commissions indie artists to make t-shirt and poster designs based on classic literature, and they all look amazing. Colin recently did the design for Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, and some other artists like Keaton Henson, Cutty Bage and my friend Paul Granese have done designs for everything from Slaughterhouse 5 to Moby Dick and the Tell-Tale Heart. Books aren't dead, you just have to wear them now. Anyway I'd recommend some people check out milestogoclothing.com and support some damn talented people.

miles to go....greg?

puts out great stuff. 

Even though I'm fairly sure you're not the biggest fan of me, I'd love to enter. 

I've got nothing against you, Kess.  I think you were a little overly zealous in that Brand New thread.  But if the Macklemore kid taught us anything, it's that VC is cool with ambition.

Truth be told, I'd like to keep these raffles open to anyone and everyone.  But I'd also like to see the records go to people who are a positive influence on the forum, or who otherwise make the VC experience more enjoyable.

There are a few rep_down.png Negative Nancies out there who'd prefer to rain on parades or talk shit instead of contributing to the forums.  They know who they are, and if we're being completely honest, I'd prefer that they didn't win.  But it'd be childish and petty to disqualify them from entering, even if I disagree with the morale they bring to the community.  (I also doubt they'd want anything to do with any sort of giveaway that I'm at the helm of, so it all kind of works out.)

I'm definitely a fan of Circa, but I've never heard this project. After taking a bit of a listen, it sounds pretty dang good, I'd like to enter if that's alright. If I'm not up to 'regular' standard that's okay, I lurk more than I post anyway. You're still a good man to be doing this. Very generous to give away, rather than sell, music you know you won't listen to very much. I was pawing through my collection just last night and noticed some that fall under that category but to be honest I don't know if VC folks would want them even if they were free. Just really random stuff.

I'm definitely a fan of Circa, but I've never heard this project. After taking a bit of a listen, it sounds pretty dang good, I'd like to enter if that's alright. If I'm not up to 'regular' standard that's okay, I lurk more than I post anyway. You're still a good man to be doing this. Very generous to give away, rather than sell, music you know you won't listen to very much. I was pawing through my collection just last night and noticed some that fall under that category but to be honest I don't know if VC folks would want them even if they were free. Just really random stuff.

Having done business with you before, I'd say you're definitely a solid guy and I'd be very glad to add you into the raffle.  As far as the random stuff goes... that's half the appeal in my books.  Giving someone else the opportunity to hear something they otherwise wouldn't, even if it's not exactly what they were hoping it'd be.  I'll likely be doing that with a few 7"s I have no use for, somewhere down the road.  But as it stands, I think I've got a fair balance of known artists vs. obscure material on hand and ready for new homes.

Never really listened to Circa Survive much. I've listened to other things by Anthony Green though. Is this the band that played with him on his solo tour or is that someone else? (Not the Young Legs tour, the one before it). I know it was like three dudes that did the drums/keyboard/bass. 

You're thinking of Good Old War. Great band.