Can't believe there's no thread for this show yet... Who's watching it? What do you think? Theories, opinions, small details that may have been missed to be discussed here.

Hands down, one of the best (if not THE best) shows that television has to offer right now IMHO. And the ending to last nights episode.. Holy. Shit. Even if you aren't a fan of the show, I implore you to watch the last 10 minutes of the episode (#4). The best scene of anything I've ever seen on TV.

I almost started a thread on this last night. I know there's been some talk of it in the recently viewing thread.

But yeah, this is the best show on television.

And that uncut shot at the end of last night was breathtaking. Literally on the edge of my seat the whole time saying "holy shit holy shit holy shit" under my breath.

Last night...

SO INTENSE 

but in regards to theories...

I have a gut feeling about the man on the lawn mower from episode 3. Seemed pretty off and they shied away from that scene pretty quickly. I'd assume that interaction should have a little more importance to it.

Also, MM totally killed his daughter. Some sort of accident and potentially under the influence.

It's not just that the scene was intense though (which it was), but it's the pinnacle of fine and achieved filmmaking. There was so much that went into that sequence, I went back and watched it two more times and my mind was thoroughly blown each time I watched. It's the best long take of anything I've ever watched on a screen.

The new high point to my Sunday nights.

...I somehow deleted my post.

Whatever, but seriously...I have a feeling that guy on the lawn mower in Episode 3 is of some importance. HAS to be involved in the murders. That scene was too brief and "unnecessary" for it to mean nothing.

Also, MM totally killed his daughter by accident. Would explain a lot of his character and how he always ends any conversation about her abruptly.

And WH's daughter is potentially involved some how. Those drawings could be an indicator that she was in the presence of some of the murders/rapes.

And agreed about the final scene. You can tell when watching it that this was something important/historical going on in regards to cinema (if you can call it that).

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but it's the first show in many years I'm not late to. I just recently watched every season of Breaking Bad and Parks and Recreation. Two of the greatest shows to ever grace television IMHO. I expect this to be on that same level. Now I can't wait to get home and watch it.

...I somehow deleted my post.

Whatever, but seriously...I have a feeling that guy on the lawn mower in Episode 3 is of some importance. HAS to be involved in the murders. That scene was too brief and "unnecessary" for it to mean nothing.

Also, MM totally killed his daughter by accident. Would explain a lot of his character and how he always ends any conversation about her abruptly.

And agreed about the final scene. You can tell when watching it that this was something important/historical going on in regards to cinema (if you can call it that).

Oh snap, nice theories. Yeah during that scene you can tell Cohle was seeing something fishy about that guy until Marty called him over with the horn.

Also Cohle is for sure boning Marty's wife. When he showed up at the hospital in last night's episode I couldn't help but wonder how he knew he was there. She had to have called him...

My buddy said there are 2 very nice reasons to watch this (Alexandra Daddario).

I'll probably let it go for now until the shows I am already invested in go for break this summer and then catch up.

Yea, there's definitely an eye popping scene involving her.  But seriously great show so far.

Also Cohle is for sure boning Marty's wife. When he showed up at the hospital in last night's episode I couldn't help but wonder how he knew he was there. She had to have called him...

I don't think he's boning Marty's wife. That doesn't really fit with either character. She wouldn't be that pissed if she was doing the same thing that Marty was doing. And Rust is too noble and idealistic to do that to his partner.

I don't think he's boning Marty's wife. That doesn't really fit with either character. She wouldn't be that pissed if she was doing the same thin that Marty was doing. And Rust is too noble and idealistic to do that to his partner.

Good points, but I think if they aren't already, they will be. There was the scene with him "returning the mower" and last night giving Marty hope that they'll get back together was just kind of twisting the knife IMO. Could be a red herring though, as I see where you're coming from. I have a feeling this show is full of them.

I don't think he's boning Marty's wife. That doesn't really fit with either character. She wouldn't be that pissed if she was doing the same thin that Marty was doing. And Rust is too noble and idealistic to do that to his partner.

I agree with this. I just assumed he showed up at the hospital because someone called the police and he heard it over the radio or something.

Seriously the best show on TV right now. It's my new Breaking Bad, so I've been trying to get everyone I know to watch it with no luck. If it gets picked up for a 2nd season it'll be a different story with different actors. Hopefully MM and WH come back though. It'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

I don't think Rusty is banging Marty's wife YET but I'm almost positive it will happen and wasn't it semi-alluded to in the questioning in like episode 1 or 2? And they stayed split up because Marty isn't wearing a ring in the present day questionings and he seems to hate Rusty more than ever so I would imagine that has to be it. 

But yeah, this show is absolutely incredible. I honestly though think it was hindered early on by how fucking terrible of a name it is for the show. 

The cinematography is spectacular (the continuous getaway shot at the end of episode 4 is proof enough), the storyline is great and the characters are phenomenal. 

But yeah, this show is absolutely incredible. I honestly though think it was hindered early on by how fucking terrible of a name it is for the show. 

I like the name of the show. It has a sort of pulpy noir ring to it. It's also is broad enough in scope to really open up the possibility of what future seasons are about.

Really curious to see what cast they get for next year. You'd have to think that lots of actors would be really into getting meaty roles like the ones they've seen this season.

I have a feeling that guy on the lawn mower in Episode 3 is of some importance. HAS to be involved in the murders. That scene was too brief and "unnecessary" for it to mean nothing.

A little bit of web searching (imdb) reveals that:

According to casting, the actor who plays him in ep 3 will also appear in eps 7 & 8. (Final 2 eps). Safe to say you're definitely on to something.

Also, the drawing WH's daughter drew is likely...

...foreshadowing that she had somehow been involved/seen things.

^Potential spoilers depending how things pan-out.

I just assumed that's Remy Ledeaux (no clue how to spell that name). They show that right after they put out the APB on him, and he's wearing meth cooking gear. I don't think his identity was meant to be ambiguous, but I could be wrong.

I just assumed that's Remy Ledeaux (no clue how to spell that name). They show that right after they put out the APB on him, and he's wearing meth cooking gear. I don't think his identity was meant to be ambiguous, but I could be wrong.

The lawn mower guy isn't Reggie Ledoux, but he is probably of some importance. 

Off chance, but did you call him Remy because the lawn mower guy is played by the same actor who plays George Remus in Boardwalk Empire and that's just your nickname for him, or did you think that his name was Remy and not Reggie?

Also, yeah, I fucking love this show so much.