Record store listing site

hey folks

I have posted this on a couple forums now (reddit.com/r/vinyl and the discogs.com forums) and thought a few here may find it useful. Feel free to mark as spam if this violates board rules ;-)

Rulers Of Wax is a user driven community with the goal of cataloging record stores for vinyl addicts around the globe.

The site started out as a weekend project and a learning exercise in web development (mainly Django & JQuery). After importing ~1400 record stores, I thought such a site may be of use to others, who share the itch to spend their days, nights weekends, digging through crates of dusty vinyl.

For vinyl addicts; features of the site include

Submit a new store or submit updates to existing stores in the database. Post your favourite local shops!

Rate, review or comment on your favorite stores .

For store owners

If you're a store owner, please reach out to us (contact-us). Once your account is verified, you will be granted administration privileges for your store. This puts you in control of the store listing, allowing you to approve/reject or make changes to your store's listing.

link: RulersOfWax (www.rulersofwax.com)

thanks!

hey guys, thanks for the responses. I am aware that Yelp (though more of a North American focus) has a rather large following for vinyl collectors and obviously VC , well is VC. Hard to top a site with such a dedicated following of vinyl fanatics ;-)

For those that feel such a database of record stores may be of use, please feel free to add you local shop. Or if you have questions/comments/suggestions concerns. Feel free to drop me a line .

Thanks