Record Keeps Skipping

Hey Guys, 

I'm still new to this stuff, so if i'm missing something obvious, go easy. 

I've had my player since Christmas of 2012, but have been using it pretty heavily since December 2013. Lately i've been having an issue where it is either skipping through some of the records, or it sounds like the cartridge or something is also rubbing against the record, along with the Needle. I tried recalibrating the arm, and I think i've got that down, but the issue remains. 

Is it time for a new needle? 

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

It does have a counter weight. I read about re-calibrating it, and I went through those steps. I have the anti-skating set to 2 right now. It seems to be having the most trouble with Sink or Swim by Gaslight Anthem, which is a clear record. Not sure if that matters, but i read somewhere that those have issues? 

It does have a counter weight. I read about re-calibrating it, and I went through those steps. I have the anti-skating set to 2 right now. It seems to be having the most trouble with Sink or Swim by Gaslight Anthem, which is a clear record. Not sure if that matters, but i read somewhere that those have issues? 

I have issues with that clear LP as well but you said you were having troubles with all of your vinyl.  As for the TT are your anti skip and counterweight set to the proper setting for your cartridge?

Not sure to be honest. Is there a way to find out which cartridge I have without disassembling the thing? 

I have issues with that clear LP as well but you said you were having troubles with all of your vinyl.  As for the TT are your anti skip and counterweight set to the proper setting for your cartridge?

Not sure to be honest. Is there a way to find out which cartridge I have without disassembling the thing? 

It depends on the cartridge.  Can you snap a few pics of it and post them here.  You will not be able to properly calibrate the TT without knowing the settings that correspond with your individuals cartridge.

AS I mentioned in the last thread, colored records are meant for decor. Hence why your black records will always sound better, they are made to be played on turntables. This is why most records purchased at your local shop will be black "variants." Also Crosley is known for making colored record players that play records better than traditional "black TTs"

I'm sure there was a better way to get you these pictures, but best I could do.

http://picpaste.com/photo_3-OTZzIa2F.JPG

http://picpaste.com/photo_2-jBi0mLVV.JPG

http://picpaste.com/photo_1-EsZvz3mf.JPG

I cant tell what it is from the pictures alone.  It looks like the stock stylus for this TT is the MG-2501.

What are your thoughts on the static issue yanquiuxo alluded to? The records having the most issues have been new, freshly un-packaged. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback. This record noob appreciates it. 

I cant tell what it is from the pictures alone.  It looks like the stock stylus for this TT is the MG-2501.

What are your thoughts on the static issue yanquiuxo alluded to? The records having the most issues have been new, freshly un-packaged. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback. This record noob appreciates it. 

Man I am not really sure but the wet solution is certainly worth a try.  I'd also say its about time for a new stylus.  I usually get around a year out of mine.  I've had some issues with static but never to the point to where it effected the play of my records; however, static problems vary in based in the moisture in the air so other places may have more issues that where I live.

Okay, I'm just gonna suck it up and replace the Cartridge and Stylus. I figure do both since I have no clue which Cartridge I have, thus not knowing what Stylus I need. 

You can probably get by with just replacing the stylus.  It will save you some cash.  I'd give the cleaning liquid suggestion a try as well if you are already ordering stuff.