Anyone buying 65daysofstatic The Fall Of Math on 180gm vinyl /1000 at Monotreme?

drds89

Thanks to Ryan (forbenator) at Slyvinyl for the heads up on this PO - 10 year anniversary of this release.

I may have overlistened to this one several years ago and burnt it out :mellow: - so I am still thinking - but I know there will be plenty to jump on this.

http://slyvinyl.com/post-rock/65daysofstatic-the-fall-of-math-limited-to-1000-on-180g-black-vinyl-lp

http://monotremerecords.limitedrun.com/products/523818-65daysofstatic-the-fall-of-math-deluxe-edition-2-cd-or-180-gm-vinyl-lp-with-poster-cd-pre-order

20GBP shipped to the US

65daysofstatic 'The Fall Of Math' Deluxe Edition 2-CD or 180 gm vinyl LP with poster/CD pre-order Mono-86
  • v200_65dos_Fall_of_Math_sleeve_12cm.jpg

Release date: 24 March, 2014. All pre-orders will ship before the release date.

To mark the 10th anniversary of the release of 65daysofstatic's debut album, 'The Fall of Math, Monotreme Records will release a deluxe edition of the album on CD and 180 gm vinyl in March.

The CD will be a 2CD edition including The Fall of Math, the 'Hole' EP, and the video and B-sides from the 'Retreat! Retreat!' single.

The vinyl edition will include an album CD in a printed card wallet and a poster, as well as a digital download coupon for the 'Hole' EP and Retreat! Retreat! single B-sides and video.

Pre-orders of the CD and LP from the Monotreme Records web shop will also receive free 65daysofstatic stickers and badges whilst supplies last.

All orders will also receive a digital download link for all audio tracks and video by email.

Select...                                                          Deluxe 2CD - £11.50                                                            180 gm vinyl LP (black) - £13.00                                        Add to Cart

Pressing Information

Vinyl: 180 gm black vinyl incl.free poster, album CD in printed card wallet and digital download coupon for 'Hole' EP, 'Retreat! Retreat! B-sides and bonus tracks. Pressing of 1000 copies.

2CD: 2 CDs in a 6-panel digifile with a 4-page booklet.

Tracks
  1. Another Code Against The Gone (FOM)
  2. Install A Beak In The Heart That Clucks Time In Arabic (FOM)
  3. Retreat! Retreat! (FOM)
  4. Default This (FOM)
  5. I Swallowed Hard, Like I Understood (FOM)
  6. The Fall Of Math (FOM)
  7. his Cat Is A Landmine (FOM)
  8. The Last Home Recording (FOM)
  9. Hole (FOM)
  10. Fix The Sky A Little (FOM)
  11. Aren't We All Running (FOM)
  12. hole (hole ep)
  13. wrong side of the tracks (hole ep)
  14. the fall of math (65dos remix) (hole ep)
  15. betraying chino (hole ep)
  16. no station (hole ep)
  17. retreat! retreat! (mothboy remix) (hole ep)
  18. 4connection (hole ep)
  19. aod (retreat! retreat! b-side)
  20. the major cities of the world are being destroyed one by one by the monsters (retreat! retreat! b-side)

It looks like shipping for each additional copy is £6.50.

Oof.  Well so much for that idea.

$34 PPD is pretty steep for a single LP.  Even if it does include bonus material and a CD.  But I've always been super impressed with Monotreme's releases -- they knocked it out of the park with 65DOS' We Were Exploding Anyway.  But with 1,000 copies being pressed, I think we can all afford to wait and see if cheaper routes present themselves.

I just listened to it again and it still doesn't resonate with me like The Destruction of Small Ideas and We Were Exploding Anyway.

I think WWEA is by and far my favorite 65DOS release to date.  I still need to give TDOSI more attention; I recall thinking that it didn't do a whole lot for me, back in the day.  How do you feel about One Time For All Time?  I think it's probably my second-favorite album of theirs.

I think WWEA is by and far my favorite 65DOS release to date.  I still need to give TDOSI more attention; I recall thinking that it didn't do a whole lot for me, back in the day.  How do you feel about One Time For All Time?  I think it's probably my second-favorite album of theirs.

I know I've listened to it a few times, but I honestly can't remember anything about it.  It kind of fell between the cracks for me mentally.  When I was getting into 65DOS, I was listening to a lot of similar bands and a lot of it blurred together.  I'm going to queue it up and see if it stands out more now.

WWEA is my favorite as well.  The beats and electronic elements they added were really refreshing and sounded fairly unique (at least to me).  I love the art direction they had for that period too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mail from Monotreme FYI.

Hello,

This is a message regarding your order of 'The Fall of Math' vinyl LP by 65daysofstatic.

After we posted the album for pre-orders in our web shop, the band decided they would rather not do a poster and instead opted for a printed inner jacket.

I forgot to update this information in the web shop description. :(

If anyone would prefer to cancel their order because of this change, please let me know by 9 am GMT this Wednesday (19/3).

Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause you. The printed inner sleeve looks pretty awesome, I have to say.

Thanks very much for the order! We are packing and will commence shipping this week. We also have some nice badges and stickers to include in the packages.

Best wishes,

Kim x

I'm actually happy with the printed inner sleeve, never been very fond on posters.

Preorder arrived this morning, verdict later today when I have the chance to digest it.

edit:

This sounds great. I was worried the sound and the range of the audio wouldn't translate, but thoroughly enjoyed this. Would be interested to hear what others think, but I recommend it to anyone who has been holding out.

• 4 months later...