Coming Soon // Animals As Leaders . the joy of motion

came to bitch and moan about the shipping. I mean really, I wanna support these guys with my love for vinyl as much as any guy. how sure are we that amazon will get copies to sell?

We won't know for sure until Amazon lists the item for preorder, but they do carry vinyl from most other Sumerian bands.  I'd be surprised if they didn't have copies of this for sale.  It might not necessarily be these variants either.

Have to admit that shipping to Germany is "only" $18.99 (no poster tube...otherwise $28.99)...basically $5 cheaper than most of other stores get for shipping a 2xLP to Germany!

But $24.99 is pretty steep for a 2xLP in the US, isn't it? (disregarding the fact that we pay more for a 2xLP in Germany)

Really sucks this is through Sumerian after the Crosses PO disaster. Want this bad but not ordering through Sumerian again anytime soon

I have had bad experiences with them way before this Crosses release which made me never wanna deal with them again...I do want this release but I will take my chances and hope it will pop up on amazon or somewhere else that has decent customer service

Wow this is so much better than their last album, weightless was pretty bad. 

for any gear nuts/ibanez fans I bought this guys first Ibanez custom years ago third hand for only a few hundred bucks more than the production model equivalent(little beat up from touring). the only ibanez i really play are the thrown back 565 models, but it was too good a deal to pass up back then and he's blown up in popularity since so i can sort of justify it. pretty hot guitar, it was the 7 string he was playing while touring with Born of Osiris and i'm pretty sure the guitar he had built for him while he was in Reflux, reverse headstock and a piezo system, definitely my favorite i have to play even though i am so unworthy to play on his instrument it isn't even funny given how much dick i suck at the guitar in comparison.

good stuff, i'm a big fan of ibanez, especially their 80s models. the 8 strings that Tosin has had built for him since getting a full endorsement have been so insanely gorgeous. reverse headstock on ibanez are like my favorite aesthetic feature on any guitar, and this is like the first year ever that Ibanez has had really great signature models not including the Jem IMO. 

I'm seriously loving this album.  Agreed, it's better than Weightless.  I love the diversity on it.  And, yeah, Tosin's guitars are pretty crazy cool!  That's awesome that you have on of his guitars, don't ever sell that. Tosin is on his way to being a legend in the guitar world.  That will only go up in value and coolness.  ;-)

Can't stream at work - looking forward to hearing this tonite.

I really have to come to enjoy Weightless as much or more than the S/T  - which is totally backwards from the reviews, but I just don't understand the hate for Weightless (and I'm a 50 year old Prog nerd, who loves odd time sigs, plays, and appreciates technical skill /virtuosity but also can handle all of that packaged in a nice aesthetically done album as well)

So I guess that's where it always winds up --- in the 'subjective' /mysterious taste basket of preferences.

I really have to come to enjoy Weightless as much or more than the S/T  - which is totally backwards from the reviews, but I just don't understand the hate for Weightless (and I'm a 50 year old Prog nerd, who loves odd time sigs, plays, and appreciates technical skill /virtuosity but also can handle all of that packaged in a nice aesthetically done album as well)

So I guess that's where it always winds up --- in the 'subjective' /mysterious taste basket of preferences.

I actually love Weightless as well and I think still think this album is better!  You're going to be stoked when you get a chance to hear it!!!!  Tons of experimental stuff on this album.

I actually love Weightless as well and I think still think this album is better! You're going to be stoked when you get a chance to hear it!!!! Tons of experimental stuff on this album.

I really enjoy both previous albums. This one though. Man, I was expecting it to be really good and it blew my expectations put of the water. So impressed with this one!

I don't hate Weightless but I liked the first one way more. Felt like more of a 'shred' album underneath all the various influences, and in that sense a throwback to the guitar heroes of yore like Becker and Lane, just total fucking shred. and i think that works best for Tosin because while he always brings cool riffs and ideas to the table Weightless just didn't have the balls of either of these. its sort of cool in that way because it has a more consistent atmosphere and lots of cool subtleties to the playing but the best parts of it were still when he would best out the soloing. 

edit: new one is the best of both worlds, more shred than ever but also more aesthetically accomplished than the first one