Coming Soon // Animals As Leaders . the joy of motion

I have another copy of the Green variant I'm trying to sell. If anyone wants it, let me know! I'm not asking for the $100+ prices they're going for, but something around the average price they're selling for right now would be great. I could possibly get another one within a week or so, maaaybe. Let me know! Give me some offers.

Uh, one page ago they were readily available from goHastings for 29.99. That should be around what you would sell it for, considering anybody in this thread that really wanted it has already got it for that price. Good luck anyway...

Definitely true but given the price change just within the past 24-48 hours that is no longer the case. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if maybe there was still someone in this thread who missed out on that price before it was raised and still wanted it badly. That being said, I think more than at cost would be fair given the high demand and limited supply. But hey, if everyone's got one already then awesome! Glad everyone was able to snag one! I don't mind having an extra, haha.

I have another copy of the Green variant I'm trying to sell. If anyone wants it, let me know! I'm not asking for the $100+ prices they're going for, but something around the average price they're selling for right now would be great. I could possibly get another one within a week or so, maaaybe. Let me know! Give me some offers.

Definitely true but given the price change just within the past 24-48 hours that is no longer the case. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if maybe there was still someone in this thread who missed out on that price before it was raised and still wanted it badly. That being said, I think more than at cost would be fair given the high demand and limited supply. But hey, if everyone's got one already then awesome! Glad everyone was able to snag one! I don't mind having an extra, haha.

for posterity, haha (post count 24)

Got my copy today. GoHastings packaging was extremely awful. Overly large thin LP mailer with nothing inside but the record sliding around and loose. Top left corner was also bent inwards. Luckily the record slid to the bottom right corner when it happened im assuming.

Regardless here are some pictures of what the record looks like: http://imgur.com/a/ugS5V

Have yet to play it.

Got my copy today. GoHastings packaging was extremely awful. Overly large thin LP mailer with nothing inside but the record sliding around and loose. Top left corner was also bent inwards. Luckily the record slid to the bottom right corner when it happened im assuming.

Regardless here are some pictures of what the record looks like: http://imgur.com/a/ugS5V

Have yet to play it.

My last record I received from them was in a bigger box as well, but they put cutouts inside to hold it in place so all was well. Strange, everything I've ordered from them the past few years has been standard mailers. Must be heading back to their old ways haha.

My last record I received from them was in a bigger box as well, but they put cutouts inside to hold it in place so all was well. Strange, everything I've ordered from them the past few years has been standard mailers. Must be heading back to their old ways haha.

My last record I ordered from them did too and was packaged fine. It seems to be hit or miss. This one had no support whatsoever inside and was just slung inside the box and shipped.

Thankfully, I got an order into GoHastings before they jacked the price. So thankful that I did. It arrived today in perfect condition and sounds really nice to me. The vinyl and sleeve are pretty thin/flexible. not really a fan of that... but man am I glad I didn't have to pay what these are going for. hopefully the label or band will make an announcement about a repress and this can come back down to a realistic price range.

I got mine and although it came in great shape and no problems with shipping, I disagree on the sound. It was clearly cut from a poor source or by a bad engineer. There's no depth. Flat and lifeless. The digital version through my nice DAC blows the vinyl away. Unfortunate.

This album was probably recorded digitally. So putting a digital rip on a mediocre cut piece of wax (I'm assuming sumerian doesn't use a top grade professional plant) is only gonna lower the sq. I bought it because I'm a fan but that's to bad to here its not that good. I only have one sumerian record on vinyl, crosses, and it sounds fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to post here. I talked to Ash from Sumerian Records on his AMA about this: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2jccdl/im_ash_avildsen_founder_of_sumerian_records/clag7xv

Very well-put question on your part, but this dude has to be bullshitting. He owns the label, supposedly loves vinyl and needs to ask other people about these easily-answered questions? His response should have simply been "$$$$$$$$$$"

On another note, I did get a chance to listen to my green copy and it definitely sounds average at best.  The digital copy sounds a lot better on my set up, which is a shame.  Will keep it just cause I love this band, but Sumerian vinyl releases are 0/4 with me (the three faceless albums and this one).

re:  the Green agreed. not the best $29.98 spent, but on my set up it's fine/OK, can tweek it some. I shouldn't have bought it from goHastings based upon the BS they tried to pull jacking it liked they did, but coveting won over conscience when they marked it back down.

No packing issues - pretty solid. I'll never ever do a PO with Sumerian watching the Crosses and this AAL like watching slow train wrecks. :/

re:  the Green agreed. not the best $29.98 spent, but on my set up it's fine/OK, can tweek it some. I shouldn't have bought it from goHastings based upon the BS they tried to pull jacking it liked they did, but coveting won over conscience when they marked it back down.

No packing issues - pretty solid. I'll never ever do a PO with Sumerian watching the Crosses and this AAL like watching slow train wrecks. :/

Same here sadly.. I have no issues with my green JOM vinyl, i'm glad i waited and didn't order through Sumerian. Hate to say that as i love a lot of bands on that label, but regardless of what ASH says, it doesn't seem to be important

• 1 month later...