Skate and Surf 2014

billya

Overrated lineup based on the headliners. Pretty much everything below the top blows, and the top is pretty overrated too.

DMX though.

There is an entire generation of fans who never got to see Soasin with Anthony, and it is the same deal with Midtown. I could see those two alone and it'd still make me willing to bite the bullet on the weekend pass price. I do agree that everything below the headliners is kinda underwhelming though.

There is an entire generation of fans who never got to see Soasin with Anthony, and it is the same deal with Midtown. I could see those two alone and it'd still make me willing to bite the bullet on the weekend pass price. I do agree that everything below the headliners is kinda underwhelming though.

Take for instance myself. I was 14 when Midtown called it quits, but I've been super into them since about that time.

I probably can't make this show, but I really hope they do a little bit of touring.

Well I for one will be going to both days just to catch Midtown's sets.  They have always been one of my favorite bands, and the reason I got into the whole pop punk scene back in high school.  They were locals that just signed to Drive Thru and it opened my ears up to such fun music.  I wished for years for a reunion, but gave up after like 2009.  Lost all faith and then bam!  Last time I saw them was bamboozle 2005.

Soooo...Middletown is right next to my town. I will predict right now that this venue will be horrible for a Festival. I'll be really curious. Anyone coming from way out of town hit me up for hotel recommendations. If you know me - I have a guest room. I need to be up killer early on that Sunday though (see next). 

On another note May 18 is the Red Bank Triathlon so a) if you want to come cheer me on feel free and b. it means that in the morning roads in and out of Red Bank connecting to Middletown will be closed or restricted for the running portion of the race. Plan a proper route if you plan to get there early. 

Now, May 18 is also a huge day in that my Firehouse is dedicating our new Fire Truck - a gorgeous new Ladder Truck. Mechanic Street of Red Bank will be closed down from noon to 5pm and we will be serving beer and food to all comers. Want to come by and say hello? It's about a 10 minute drive from the venue and based on reports of last year I bet you'll have a better time with me at the firehouse than you will at Surf and Skate. 

going to be the odd one out and say that I enjoyed myself last year, and am looking forward to this year. I will agree that the whole placement of everything was off and it was kind of annoying having 4 stages next to each other with no real separation. however I didn't really find it a huge problem because if you were seeing a band you could pretty much focus on just them. either way maybe my experience was just a little better than others. also they would be stupid to not realize their mistakes with the whole thing and try to fix them. either way i'm going to this with pretty good expectations.