Reel Big Fish - Turn the Radio Off (ETR?)

They re-recorded this record?

Not exactly.  They did a greatest hits album a couple years ago called A Best Of Us For The Rest Of Us.  The pre-Monkeys For Nothin' masters were still owned by their old label, who refused to give them up.  So the band re-recorded a bunch of the old tracks to include on the album, which included like 5-6 songs from TTRO.

Is the master remixed or remastered for the LP?  (as opposed to the CD)   I'm curious because RBF doesn't own the studio master last I heard...hence the re-recorded songs released a few years ago.

ETR wouldn't have to go through or contact the band at all for the masters. If the label has the masters, then ETR would only have to deal directly with them.

I keep expecting an update from Enjoy the Ride when I see this has new comments. You guys are making me sad and impatient.

More often than not thread titles are updated with 'PO' when it's available. If you want first hand info from ETR I suggest you follow their social media outlets, I imagine those will be updated before this thread.

Not exactly.  They did a greatest hits album a couple years ago called A Best Of Us For The Rest Of Us.  The pre-Monkeys For Nothin' masters were still owned by their old label, who refused to give them up.  So the band re-recorded a bunch of the old tracks to include on the album, which included like 5-6 songs from TTRO.

Ah gotcha!

More often than not thread titles are updated with 'PO' when it's available. If you want first hand info from ETR I suggest you follow their social media outlets, I imagine those will be updated before this thread.

In most cases I check this board on a daily basis so not really the case but most labels that is not the case

Is the master remixed or remastered for the LP?  (as opposed to the CD)   I'm curious because RBF doesn't own the studio master last I heard...hence the re-recorded songs released a few years ago.

It was remastered specifically for the vinyl re-issue and pressed at 45rpm. Its is the original song versions but better sounding and not as compressed 

ETR wouldn't have to go through or contact the band at all for the masters. If the label has the masters, then ETR would only have to deal directly with them.

Aaron & the bands manager approved all the artwork layouts and test pressing for this pressing and we are all very stoked for it to finally be released. It is a beautiful re-issue in every aspect. The layout and center labels came out great and the record itself sounds way better than it ever has before. Excited for everyone to finally check it out

Aaron & the bands manager approved all the artwork layouts and test pressing for this pressing and we are all very stoked for it to finally be released. It is a beautiful re-issue in every aspect. The layout and center labels came out great and the record itself sounds way better than it ever has before. Excited for everyone to finally check it out

Awesome to hear. I wasn't saying you didn't go through the band (I'm obviously not privy) but just in terms of business just was making the poster aware just because the label has the masters as opposed to the band that doesn't mean their lost forever. Haha.

I hope this comes out before RSD. My wallet is already going to hate me enough as it is

it isnt....was actually delayed a week because of rsd stuff so looking more like first week in May as of now but I will post an update once I have tracking info and/or exact date.  Once they arrive I will post pictures along with all other info along with on sale date

• 2 weeks later...