Steelbook Collective.

Here is a good price on protective sleeves: http://www.shop4tech.com/item1674.html

Very nice! I'd love to steal your target Bourne set. :ph34r:

Haha, thank you. And you know it sucks because I really got into Steelbooks when I droppped DVDs and decide I need to update my collection about two years ago. So I have the entire Target Bourne set… expect the first movie, I also have the second and third in the Best Buy dvd steelbook. Which is annoying.

No Problem! I have them on my "In Time" steel (favorite steelbook) and CDN "Siliver Linings Playbook". They work really well. I need to order

About 200 of them. Ha.

Damn, 200? I'm pretty new to the Steelbook world. Got about 40 right now. Nothing rare but I love them all the same

BTW, if anyone wants a steelbook from Future Shop Canada (so, the Mondo steelbooks) I can hook you up.  I just sent a copy of Drive out to the US, usually ends up costing an extra $8-$9 to cover shipping cost/materials.

Here are the details: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108677-looper-mondo-steelbook-001-group-buy/

BTW, if anyone wants a steelbook from Future Shop Canada (so, the Mondo steelbooks) I can hook you up.  I just sent a copy of Drive out to the US, usually ends up costing an extra $8-$9 to cover shipping cost/materials.

Here are the details: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108677-looper-mondo-steelbook-001-group-buy/

Do any FutureShops around you still have any of the "Drive" Mondo steelbooks? I was involved in a group buy but some stuff happened and I wasn't able to fulfill payment. :/

Do any FutureShops around you still have any of the "Drive" Mondo steelbooks? I was involved in a group buy but some stuff happened and I wasn't able to fulfill payment. :/

Yup!  Read my post in the other thread for details, I'm not doing a traditional group buy, way less fuss for me and for everyone else.  

I'm just now getting into steelbooks... always hated the cheapy blu-ray cases that often come with crap artwork, just never had steelbooks on my radar til now. Trying not to go crazy buying everything.

But I have to say I'm super upset that I missed out on KimchiDVD's release of Her. I've got my eye on a few variants on eBay, but it's hard to drop $50 on a blu-ray (even an exquisitely packaged one), so if anybody knows of anywhere I could snag one for less, please let me know!

Oh also, can anyone recommend me a good steelbook news site or FB page? Hoping to keep up with new releases so I can avoid eBay flippers from here on out.

Well I picked up Her straight from Kimchi's site when it went live an it cost me $46 with shipping (this was the cheapest international cost possible), so $50 is a pretty good deal. I really doubt anyone will be selling these below cost because they went pretty fast.

If you want to be as up-to-date as possible, this is the best place: http://www.hidefninja.com/community/

You can also check here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

But I prefer HDN because there's usually more info there and sooner.

Did anyone check out the "Lucy" steelbook at Target? I am going later to see what it looks like, I am semi-interested in as it was enjoyable movie.

I'm just now getting into steelbooks... always hated the cheapy blu-ray cases that often come with crap artwork, just never had steelbooks on my radar til now. Trying not to go crazy buying everything.

But I have to say I'm super upset that I missed out on KimchiDVD's release of Her. I've got my eye on a few variants on eBay, but it's hard to drop $50 on a blu-ray (even an exquisitely packaged one), so if anybody knows of anywhere I could snag one for less, please let me know!

Oh also, can anyone recommend me a good steelbook news site or FB page? Hoping to keep up with new releases so I can avoid eBay flippers from here on out.

HDN as stated, I also think Blu-Ray is a good place. Be warned that some of these streelbook variants that are limited (I guess with Zavi "extremely limited" is 1,000-2,000 of an unpopular movie) can be really hard and a pain to get with shipping charges, time differences, wait times, etc. Most of the KimiChiDVD, Novomedia, Plain Archive, Mondo x FutureShop releases are going to cost around $35-$50 to get delivered to it. Some of them are really worth it though. I wish I got Her, Memento, Dallas Buyers Club and the original Melechonia (non steelbook)

I'm going to try to not let this collection get as costly and time-consuming as my vinyl collection. Really I don't plan on springing for many of the crazy limited releases. Her is one of my top 5 films, so I really wouldn't mind giving it the deluxe treatment.

BTW, if you're regretting missing out on Dallas Buyers Club, there's a few decently priced copies on eBay right now.