What was the first record you ever bought?

As I Lay Dying - "The Powerless Rise" back in 2011. It was the super limited deluxe fan box set and it had a "picture disc". I honestly didn't know it had music and was playable. I think I was majorly into AILD and got a hold of "An Ocean Between Us" next... kinda just went from there. I hit the ground running in 2013 and got a majority of what I have now... and didn't get a player until 2014. True story.

I'd love to have anything from AOBU and older. That was the last record from them that I have any care to.

My first was "they've actually gotten worse live" by nofx in 2009. Weekend visit to newbury comics happened to be the second ever record store day. All vinyl were marked down 25% the vinyl came with a cd and with the discount was only a few bucks more than the CD its self (ahh the days of 15.99 double lps), figured it was a win either way. A week later i bought my first record player and a copy of "illusion of safety" by thrice

I had a few friends who were just starting to get into collecting. I had just gotten a new job a few days before Thrice - The Alchemy Index box set went up for pre-order. Seemed like a good place to start with my favorite band.

That whole order was a bit of a mess with delays and I believe I got impatient to finally own a record, so I went shopping once before it actually came in the mail, but I could be wrong. If so, then I remember buying The Receiving End of Sirens - The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi and Pulling Teeth - Paranoid Delusions | Paradise Illusions that day.

The first record I ever bought was at a Brand New concert in a tiny club right after they first released Your Favorite Weapon. There was no more than 20-30 people in attendance it was crazy anyways I bought The Rookie Lot/Yearly 7" Split Vinyl Jesse Lacey's first band and alot of other musicians that went on to be in Saves The Day, The Movielife and The Stryder for $4 at the Brand New Merch table I can't believe I owned it for like 9 years and ended up having to sell it last year, it was definitely a sweet record to own. Ahh memories.

The first record I ever bought was at a Brand New concert in a tiny club right after they first released Your Favorite Weapon. There was no more than 20-30 people in attendance it was crazy anyways I bought The Rookie Lot/Yearly 7" Split Vinyl Jesse Lacey's first band and alot of other musicians that went on to be in Saves The Day, The Movielife and The Stryder for $4 at the Brand New Merch table I can't believe I owned it for like 9 years and ended up having to sell it last year, it was definitely a sweet record to own. Ahh memories.

Holy fuck, that was difficult to read.

I was 14 or 15 years old and was spending the summer in Tennessee. I was promised a trip to Nashville and when we went I just had to stop at Third Man Records. They had the Rolling Record Store parked out front (not selling records unfortunately) and had no idea the thing ever existed until seeing it. I'm not sure what I was planning on getting when going into the dinky shop, but I came out with The Dead Weather's Sea of Cowards. I love that album. I always thought Blue Blood Blues was a killer song to open that album with.

in 9th grade (I think?) I moved my parents unused stereo into my room and would listen to their old Simon and Garfunkle, Santana and Iron Butterfly records, mostly because my friend Al told me that listening to vinyl was cool. That Xmas I asked my parents to buy me two used Ramones records I had seen at Down in the Valley (Pleasant Dreams and Too Tough to Die). First record I bought with my own money was a 7" by a local band called Arm (Suddenly Sorry).

The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium first press for about $30 in a small record store in Ballarat Victoria, AUS. What an investment

Same but I bought direct from the label. $21.50 including shipping to Canada. Hard to believe it was almost 12 years ago. I miss those days...

The Dance Gavin Dance boxset. I remember them posting about it on facebook and thinking that it was awesome. I saw how incredibly cheap it was and how well all the variants matched the artwork and just couldn't resist making the purchase. Prior to this I had a minor interest and vinyl and had always wanted to start collecting albums I loved, so at the time I hoped this would move me one step closer to that. I am glad that it did.

Mine was a gift, Metallica's The Good The Bad & The Live. Unfortunately sold it a few years back as I was going travelling and so 1) I needed cash, and 2) everything I owned had to go into the smallest storage space possible.

Not such a Metallica fan these days, but wished I had held onto it in hindsight.