Coming soon: Fucked Up - Glass Boys. Out now: Year of the Dragon

Oakland, CA's Tank Crimes will be releasing the 6th edition in Fucked Up's Zodiac Series this April 15 with a 12"/CD/digital EP of 'Year Of The Dragon'.   The titular, epic A-side clocks in at 17 minutes long and is backed by covers of Cardboard Brains' "I Wanna Be A Yank" and The Ugly's "Disorder".   The first pressing of the 12" is said to include a 6-minute, edited version of "Year Of The Dragon" on a 7" flexi-disc.

Fucked_Up-Dragon-cover-e1393883167129.jp

Order at:

http://www.tankcrimes.com/

Plus the most exciting piece of news... Matador Records will be releasing Fucked Up's new full-length, Glass Boys, in summer 2014.

fuckedup-glassboys-coverart.jpg

Preorders up at http://store.matadorrecords.com/glass-boys on LP and limited Double LP version which features a second LP with a unique mix featuring only half-time drums.

Preorders should be up tomorrow for Dragon,

also

"Sorry it's so late, but as consolation, we've already finished recording YEAR OF THE HARE and it's a burner too, so that should come out maybe next fall? Which will make us only like 3 years still behind or something, but whatever."

Imagine stretching out the spacing of each snare hit so that instead of landing on the 2 & 4, it landed on just the 3.

So if regular time is:

Kick-snare-kick-snare

Half-time would be:

Kick-(silence)-Snare-(silence)

I imagine they re-recorded the drums, because they're Fucked Up and they love recording multiple parts for things.