Female-Fronted Pop-Punk Band Appreciaton Thread

Didn't see anything via search so here goes...

As the title says, this thread was originally dedicated to pop-punk (I tend to be loose with the definition...just fyi) bands featuring female leads or all-girl line-ups, and has essentially evolved into pretty much any genre, which is even better. I truly enjoy these kinds of bands, and am always stoked to hear the ladies lay it the fuck down.

I know there are lots more out there, but these 5 have been in heavy rotation for me recently. Feel free to chime in with stuff you are into, preferably of the DIY/independent variety...no need for this to become another Paramore thread haha.

Anyway, I digress...

Big Eyes

Chumped

Full of Fancy

Lipstick Homicide

Tweens

The WIld Ones

jimmy(the other jimmy) got me into big eyes. other than that I have a hard time with female vocals and it sucks. I want to like them, I should like them, RIGHT??

I will check out what you posted scumbag

this is where i get confused with that genre or lo-fi, etc.

Don't worry about it...just post whatever you want. I thought about making it a general thread, but then I saw all of my selections were pop-punkish so I went with that haha.

http://signalsuk.bandcamp.com/album/facial-furniture-ep

Not pop punk, more of a math pop sound with some jazzy bits but holy hell this girl has some pipes. She rips on the piano too. Just found out about them the other day and I can't stop listening

Do yourself a favor and listen, you won't regret it.

jimmy(the other jimmy) got me into big eyes. other than that I have a hard time with female vocals and it sucks. I want to like them, I should like them, RIGHT??

I will check out what you posted scumbag

It is all good...it can be a bit of an acquired taste for some at times. I know there are some girl bands that make me cringe as well.

Hopefully you dig something posted in here, but if not, no sweat, I ain't mad at ya homie.

It makes me feel like I'm going against my own sex!

Haha. Don't worry about it, I fucking hate most dudes, whether they are in bands or not. That isn't really the case around here, except for maybe that jimmythescumbag guy... :ph34r: