Amazon Prime increase

my friends is up in june.  I use their prime and i'm sure if i throw him a few bucks he'll still renew at the 99 dollar price.

still not a bad deal at all

I believe he'll be able to renew at $79, before having to do $99 in June of '15. 

I bought mine after the new year, so my next renewal will be $99 :/

I'd be down to group buy a membership with some of you good people. You can add 4 "friends and family members" to your account, that'd be $20 a person for 5 people. My subscription doesn't expire until June but it may be worth looking into around then.

on their website, it says you can share it with people 'living in the same household', so you may run into a problem with different delivery addresses.

my friend created a fake child so he could get an amazon prime mom membership.

i think he named him something along the lines of Francis Ulysses Cedric Kennedy.

that is a fantastic name.

thankfully i took advantage of that little trick someone posted here in the fall to get prime on a discount.  im hoping that those little secrets still exist by the time i have to renew in october.

i'll try to use the search and find it

Am I am asshole for doing this? I maybe buy things from amazon once every 3-4 months so I don't typically NEED prime. However, the last 2 times I've ordered something, I just made an account with a different email to get the prime 30 day trial and then just cancelled the automatic renewal right after I made the account and ordered my product. One would imagine that you could just keep making new emails + new accounts if one was willing to 'scam' the system with this tactic.

Am I am asshole for doing this? I maybe buy things from amazon once every 3-4 months so I don't typically NEED prime. However, the last 2 times I've ordered something, I just made an account with a different email to get the prime 30 day trial and then just cancelled the automatic renewal right after I made the account and ordered my product. One would imagine that you could just keep making new emails + new accounts if one was willing to 'scam' the system with this tactic.

Nah, I had a 30 day membership and then I did the 6 month free student membership with my old e-mail.

I just recently re-signed up with my normal e-mail with hopes of being able to use my student e-mail and extend it. No dice.

so much work. i'm just too lazy.

I read on Android Central that they were planning on including MP3 streaming with the service. Perhaps this is a first step in that direction? Not sure if I'll re-up my membership in this case. That's a lot of money to spend up front on shipping/shit tier video streaming.

Apparently the streaming service is shaping up to be pretty terrible:

Amazon… may limit how much a person can listen to any given song, according to people familiar with the matter. …Amazon has told record companies it would pay them out of a fixed pool of money…instead of compensating them based on how often users listen to their songs. Music companies are seeking to withhold their newest music from the service, a person familiar with the matter said, though details were unclear as the negotiations are in process.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304020104579433483787979164-lMyQjAxMTA0MDEwMTExNDEyWj

I assumed they would notice that the same credit card was being used. But I guess not.