LatheCuts.com

He seems to be doing a lot lately.  He was set up at SXSW doing live cuts.  I would check to see what his current turn around time is, because I have a feeling that he is probably pretty busy.

He did the Matt Evans (Old Flings) lathe for me for FEST12.  He did a great job.  I would use him again.

I used him in the past for a Psychic Teens lathe cut and was very happy with the results. His turnaround at the time was super fast also.  Would definitely use him again if I was doing a similar thing.

This was about 2 years ago so I know things have changed.  Got this email from him a few months ago about turnaround through March (SXSW obviously) and improved fidelity, figured I'd share:

As you might know, back in the winter I started getting really backed up due to too much demand, too many real-life obligations, and fickle 80 year old gear not wanting to work properly. So, I stopped taking orders for a bit while I got caught up and got my equipment sorted out.  My queue is finally down to a manageable size, I've got all of my lathes up and running smoothly, and got some new, sweet sounding needles (which have significantly improved both my fidelity and consistency). 

I've also got a sweet new website (Lathecuts.com) that includes a Custom Quote Generator. So, if you are interested in getting some records made, please go use it! Also, I can do 12"s now as well, but it hasn't been updated on the site yet. 

Please note, however, that even though my queue has become more manageable, I have jobs with MobileVinylRecorders.com in Los Angeles and Austin until Mid-March, but I will fit new orders in between and afterward.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I am, indeed, the lathecuts.com guy.  I am usually carrying about a 7-8 week backup.  I just hired three cutters to help me out, and I'm training 3 more in the next month, so hopefully I can keep the studio running 12-16 hours a day and cut that time down significantly... feel free to hit me up at Lathecuts.com if you have any questions. Here is a recent interview that I did for Small Hours. 

http://www.smallhoursjournal.com/post/87381898271/interview-mike-dixon-of-lathecuts-com

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, jacobe said:

Has anyone used any lathe cutting places in recent times? Seems to be more options available, but not much as far as testimonials on any. 

Looking at 5-10 total for a gift for some friends in the spring. 

Dan from Intheclouds/swosostudios. Absolutely best lathes I've ever laid my ears on - I have 13 of them. I can't recommend him enough.

http://www.swosostudios.com/