The Unofficial Punk Rock Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Easily in my top 10 favorite punk albums. If you get it on vinyl, the band approved 180g sounds way better than the MOV pressing; odd, but true. 

Nice. Is it the one on Porterhouse? MOV seems to be hit or miss from what I've read.

Also, I love this, too. I have Signals, Calls, and Marches on vinyl.

In honor of the legendary Rodney on the Roq. Sucks that he is no longer doing his show on KROQ. Some stupid fucking people kicking out a person who has had tremendous influence on punk rock and music in general. IF you don't have this record you need to get it now. Hit after hit. I learned about my favorite bands through his compilations.

Edited by lexicondevil

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey, I host a post-punk radio show  where I also play deep funk, indie, garage and other oddities. Music skews toward less-known bands with heavy emphasis on small record labels and DIY. It's called Monochrome Fixation. If you'd like to listen to past episodes or subscribe to the podcast, you can visit https://www.monochromefixation.com/ It also airs Mondays 10-11pm on KNSJ 89.1 San Diego. Hope you enjoy.

spacer.png

Edited by monochromefix

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2014 at 3:38 PM, aflycon said:

These guys are pretty cool. I've been trying to find their stuff on vinyl locally, but I haven't had any luck... for now, it's just this track, which is on the Super Seven Sampler. It's a live version, though.

This is also on that comp. Dr. Know is great.

got rid of the aggression lp for like $11 a few months ago. It didn't age well for me. But i love Dr. Know and still own all my Dr. Know stuff.