Neck Deep Rain In July/AHOBD repress

Neck Deep have just announced that they're working on the Rain In July repress. They said this on their Twitter;

"Wheels are in motion for the Rain In July / HOBD LP/CD reissue via @hopelessrecords. Will be out in time for @VansWarpedTour... Stay tuned!"

I know a few people here wanted the original. Apologies if there's already a thread about this, I looked and couldn't find anything.

I know a few people here wanted the original. Apologies if there's already a thread about this, I looked and couldn't find anything.

It's only been talked about in the Wishful Thinking thread a little. But that's awesome news to know it'll be out for Warped Tour! I've been waiting for normal pricing since I missed out last year on this.

• 4 weeks later...

What I don't get is why people that don't like a band click on the thread of said band and make a post just to state they don't like them. I believe there's a thread called "shit on bands here" in the "other" section for that ;)

Also, they sound nothing like TSSF to me. I never got why people compared the two.

What I don't get is why people that don't like a band click on the thread of said band and make a post just to state they don't like them. I believe there's a thread called "shit on bands here" in the "other" section for that ;)

Also, they sound nothing like TSSF to me. I never got why people compared the two.

The vocals sound almost identical but Neck Deep's vocalist has more of an accent. They're basically TSSF with breakdowns.

Word. I don't see the hype. They're pretty bad.

Me either. But TSSF fans love them for sounding like TSSF. Hardcore kids love them for being pop punk with breakdowns. Both of those groups of people are fairly large right now. That's my guess. Plus they have that one acoustic song that puts them in a league like ADTR for having pretty, soft songs to please the girls. Hopeless made an unbelievably good move snatching up Neck Deep for being the epitome of what the "alt kids" like these days.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm pretty sure this is a release of both EPs re-recorded, not the original songs. I could be wrong but the band posted this picture the other day, and if you look closely a few of the song lengths are different. I'm not sure what else that could mean.

10269514_671515432907548_341557460940749

I'll be kinda sad if it is re-recorded because I do like the raw sound of the EPs. Not to say that I don't like Wishful Thinking, I just like that they're different.

I'll be kinda sad if it is re-recorded because I do like the raw sound of the EPs. Not to say that I don't like Wishful Thinking, I just like that they're different.

Don't hold me to it, but I think I remember reading a post on their FB saying it was re-recorded. Some girl asked them if it was, and the band's response was a round-about way of saying yes

Just because a band starts out a year or two later doesn't make them copy cats. Most of the songs from their EP's were actually written by the singer and lead guitarist around the same time as TSSF - USAD album. Neck deep just didn't have a full lineup yet.

But if we want to compare the two, I respect Neck Deep as much as if not more than TSSF. I love both bands equally but TSSF definitely stays in their comfort zone and all of their songs have similar flow and structure. Neck Deep has a better variety of songs, and (in my opinion) their drummer and guitar riffs are better than TSSF.

I can see why people feel this way though... on the surface, TSSF is more polished and has better production on their albums. People may also prefer Parker over Ben as a singer.

But overall, I see TSSF being a little more influenced by "the wave" and ND is more of a traditional punk band.