seriously fuck eBay and their stupid fucking rules

fuck ebay and holding my paypal account.

after not being able to navigate through ebay "germany" i finally get to this picture posted by this german dude

$_57.JPG?set_id=2

and also a couple pics of the 7"s all scratched up.  i never played the records had a picture of the records in the photo i used on ebay.  they looked great.

i also took these

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

$_1.JPG?set_id=2

and i still feel like this fucker is going to win because he is yelling about not being a liar yada yada.  well, you are a liar because thats either not the boxset i sent you OR you destroyed it. 

in the auction i gave options for the buyer to pick from surface, airmail, or fedex express. 

In the future do NOT give international buyers the option of slow mail. For all my auctions (vinyl, CDs) on Ebay I only give the option of registered air mail or USPS priority air mail. When they click buy it now a drop down menu ONLY lets them chose those two options. If they don't want to pay the (reliable) postage then they don't buy. Since doing this I've mostly been selling to US buyers though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is only mildly related to this thread but not sure where else I could ask. I'd like some opinions.

I bid on a record on ebay & won the auction. The shipping on the auction was only for $2.50 "Standard Shipping (USPS First Class Package)" which had a delivery estimate of 4 days, including seller's handling time etc. So 4 days goes by and still no update on shipment. Finally at the end of day 4, ebay shows a tracking number showing that the seller had finally just dropped off the package that day. The package arrived two days later, and of course it's in this huge box filled with newspaper. The record was, thankfully, in perfect condition, so I did not want to leave negative or neutral feedback. I left positive feedback with this as a comment:

"Slow to ship. Not packaged as a record should be. Item was exactly as described"

Of course, the seller has messaged me:

"Hi you only paid 2.50 for shipping you got item in 7 days why such a bad feedback I don't think that's fair. Plus that album is worth way more than you paid. Can you revise or delete that please. Thanks"

I explained my reasoning for what I had said, and explained that I still marked it as positive. His reply:

"Positive is not shipped slow I don't think that's positive and criticizing the way it was packed. I wish you would not have put that because it may put some people from not bidding on my items. Wish you would change or delete."

Am I being too hard on him? Before I bid I looked at his feedback because I was skeptical that he'd package the record correctly, and that he'd really send it out that quickly to be delivered within 4 days, so I wanted to give others a heads up. Is it possible for sellers to leave "revenge" negative feedback?

I don't think that turn around time for shipping is terrible. Not worth complaining about in my opinion, at least. $2.50 is below the average media mail cost, so if he actually shipped it first class at that price, he paid more than he charged you for shipping. The expected delivery time was only off by two days...

The packaging, on the other hand, is definitely less than desirable. 

I agree about the speed of the shipment. I usually ship fast but I have a lot of understanding for people shipping late because of personal circumstances. The packaging on the other hand is a point where I would feel the same way as you! Wrong packaging can lead to damages and in case of damage it's usually a loss on the buyers side or if the seller is a nice guy, it's a loss for both sides!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it.

I told him to send me a feedback revision request and I would revise my comment on the shipping speed, but that I wouldn't change what I said about the way it was packed, and I linked him to an ebay article on how to pack records. Hopefully no more big boxes filled with newspaper from him.

Yeah - I don't see the issue here. Item can be packed however someone wants as long as it arrives as described. I don't see how anything can be called poorly packed if the item came perfect. It isn't how you ship things or how you might choose to see them packed but a well received package is a well received package.