keep an eye out for me !

Where can one Australian guy go with a fuckton of limited-ass records? Nowhere. He's gotta be selling 'em. Check all public sites. 'Shipping From Australia' is a huge and obvious indicator.

If you can pinpoint a time and date where they were taken, grill all employees who could have been there at that time, threaten with job loss. It's possible at the very least that one could rat out another. It sucks it has to come to something like that, but someone has taken your livelihood, really. 

i know... im trying to work out when with the police... we have noticed 4 companies we hired have used a number of "workers" that weren't on our list of people onsite ... the shittly thing here though is.. i kinda get the feeling the police dont see it as "important" enough and are just taking a relaxed stance towards it... it feels like my wife and i have to do all the asking and grilling of the workers...

i know... im trying to work out when with the police... we have noticed 4 companies we hired have used a number of "workers" that weren't on our list of people onsite ... the shittly thing here though is.. i kinda get the feeling the police dont see it as "important" enough and are just taking a relaxed stance towards it... it feels like my wife and i have to do all the asking and grilling of the workers...

I don't think they ever will. If you can, remind them that value of what was stolen approaches that of a car. and you take it very seriously. It probably won't help but it's the best you got. My condolences. If that happened to me I'd probably do what another guy said, call it quits, sell the rest and cut my losses. It'd be very hard to keep going. Some things are irreplaceable.

I don't think they ever will. If you can, remind them that value of what was stolen approaches that of a car. and you take it very seriously. It probably won't help but it's the best you got. My condolences. If that happened to me I'd probably do what another guy said, call it quits, sell the rest and cut my losses. It'd be very hard to keep going. Some things are irreplaceable.

yeh definitely and thanks heaps for the advice :) ....

and thanks everyone for the support and suggestions also :)

we are lucky it was records stolen and not our animals ... but still gutted :(

Where can one Australian guy go with a fuckton of limited-ass records? Nowhere. He's gotta be selling 'em. Check all public sites. 'Shipping From Australia' is a huge and obvious indicator.

If you can pinpoint a time and date where they were taken, grill all employees who could have been there at that time, threaten with job loss. It's possible at the very least that one could rat out another. It sucks it has to come to something like that, but someone has taken your livelihood, really. 

This. Im from Melbourne and there is close to nowhere you can BUY records, lot alone sell them. They will pop up online if thats their intention. Will keep an eye out for you. Ive got auto-search setup on eBay and discogs for lots of Australian bands, Silverchair being one of them (im guessing you had Diorama?)

This. Im from Melbourne and there is close to nowhere you can BUY records, lot alone sell them. They will pop up online if thats their intention. Will keep an eye out for you. Ive got auto-search setup on eBay and discogs for lots of Australian bands, Silverchair being one of them (im guessing you had Diorama?)

yes i did :( thanks for keeping an eye out

I really feel for you dude. This totally sucks :(. I really hope you can get them back. Keep an eye on tumblr and instagram too for pictures of it. Do you have any pictures of your collection or the rare items? Those can really help if the police are involved. Also if these pop up on ebay just bid them so you are guaranteed to win, and then you can get the sellers address and phone number.

NEWS!!!!!!!!!! A local pawn broker just called me saying a couple have bought in a heap of records and for me to go have a look !!! All old records until I get 15 or so down the pile annnndddd.... my anthony green painted cover!!!!!! They have all their id so I hope police can see if they have the rest! Lucky the broker knew my situation cuz for around 50 records they gave them $1 per record...!!!!