FS: Emotiva XPS-1 phono pre amp $100

This was mine.  It sounds great for the money.  I think he's going to find that the Cambridge is a downgrade, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

The 551p is MM only so it's not a direct comparison function wise, that would be the 651p but I would be interested to hear the comparison sound wise as the 551p is a nice sounding phono stage for the money (at UK prices anyway)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try it.  It should sound better than the onboard phono stage.  You might be even more satisfied.  ;)

Never sell anything before you try it, just because you don't like it into one amplifier and speaker set it can sound totally different into another and also quite possibly be better than the onboard one.

Unless you try it you will never know.

I'm not noticing a huge difference, me thinks. The receiver is interesting- it has tape inputs and no selector for them- they're just always on. I accidentally had the table -> pre into those and the volume was way low because AUX was selected. I turned AUX off and the volume blasted almost past distortion. Right now I have the pre into AUX as opposed to table right into the phono stage. I daresay the phono sounded better to my ears. Is there a technical reason that could make that so?