SpaceLab9 thread

Rip

Looks like NYCC leftovers will be on sale on Tuesday at 1pm EST.

I also want to say - I've sometimes been critical of Spacelab in the past, mostly because I havent thought the packaging for their releases was particularly inspired (using standard keyart or movie stills, etc). But they've really nailed the Adventure Time record I think. The art looks rad and I love the character-specific colors - I'm definitely going to pick one up on Tues if I can.

So kudos on that one SL. Good work deserves calling out. Keep it coming.

4 hours ago, WalnutSoap said:

Looks like NYCC leftovers will be on sale on Tuesday at 1pm EST.

I also want to say - I've sometimes been critical of Spacelab in the past, mostly because I havent thought the packaging for their releases was particularly inspired (using standard keyart or movie stills, etc). But they've really nailed the Adventure Time record I think. The art looks rad and I love the character-specific colors - I'm definitely going to pick one up on Tues if I can.

So kudos on that one SL. Good work deserves calling out. Keep it coming.

Thanks for the kind words. It is appreciated.

Would any answer that Spacelab9 could provide regarding the fallout 3 box really satisfy any of you? Would any answer really surprise you?

It would pretty much only fan the fire from all of your witch hunt torches (see: the ETR thread) so I can understand their choice not to address it. 

I've said it before... it's just fucking records, man. 

Those of us, who are big Fallout fans, were really looking forward to that set. It was extremely cool to see that they planned on making the gatefold into one of the iconic items from the game... but of course it wasn't the complete thing when they arrived in person. And it didn't help that Think Geek customer service threw them under the bus saying, they (Spacelab) were aware of the letter/page being left out and went through with it.

Sure, they are just records. But (at least to me), Spacelab9 seems like they want to be a quality label, and they've advertised releasing quality/unique releases, so we (intentionally or not) hold them to a higher standard. Because they cut corners on Fallout 3 by unfortunately leaving out that page, it just makes them look cheap and lazy. If anything, I think people just want acknowledgement that they know they messed up and let quite a few people down. Might be too late to offer "replacements" or whatever, but it'd be a start. (And ETR rightfully deserves it's witch hunt if you follow/read that.)

I still have major respect for Spacelab9. They have a good chance of making a certain release I love, happen. I'm just adding how I feel/felt about the Fallout 3 boxset.

16 hours ago, yanquiuxo said:

Would any answer that Spacelab9 could provide regarding the fallout 3 box really satisfy any of you? Would any answer really surprise you?

It would pretty much only fan the fire from all of your witch hunt torches (see: the ETR thread) so I can understand their choice not to address it. 

I've said it before... it's just fucking records, man. 

For me, yes it would make a huge difference. I've been an avid fan of the FO series for over a decade - and many of us hardcore fans want an answer because it's a game/score that we all think deserves the best of treatment. 

If youre going to do it, do it right.