PO : Screaming Trees - Last Words RSD release for US available now!

Barrett got back to me quickly (very cool) and said they don't do tracking for domestic shipping and I should just be patient.

Slightly offended as all I said in my email was "thanks for shipping out my record, can you provide a tracking number? All my info is below." It's not that I'm being impatient, I just don't want my record sitting on my porch in the sun or rain all afternoon. I've been coming home from work early everyday to rescue it and it hasn't been here. I know it can take over a week coming from the PNW. But for $10, I thought for sure it was being sent priority, but instead it's MM without delivery confirmation. Booooo!!!!

/rant

Okay. Glad I got that off my chest.

Money going directly to artist aside, this thing was shipped so poorly, I am surprised mine made it ok... if you are charging that much for shipping it needs to be in a proper mailer, with tracking - period.

Yep, cereal box thin mailer was a stupid way to ship these out. I got lucky with no damage. Hopefully others will get theirs safely.

Mine was perfect (12 days to eastern US), and the envelope was more sturdy than I thought it was going to be. Just a counter opinion to give you hope.

Besides the crazy shipping $$$, the biggest crime just might be the cover art/design. I don't know why, but it doesn't really work for me. My LP had all this white dust on it, but looked fine after a cleaning. Pressing seemed nice, flat, quiet, so overall: good!

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrr, mine has to make it to the other side of the world... it's going to be a rough voyage...

Mine arrived on this side of the Atlantic today in a cardboard envelope but in good shape. Still should have been sent in a better mailer.

Also came with a price sticker on it of $18.99. Seems odd when I bought it direct from the label.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread,    but thought people might like to know that this seems to be getting a general release on 14th July.     Still on red vinyl. 

I think this it finally getting its 'RSD' release over here in the UK. The pages that are giving it as a July release are most of the usual UK indie suspects. I doubt more have been pressed, I just don't think it was released here on RSD (the only place I found it outside of Sunyata was a Scandanavian webstore whose name I never took in) and it was such a niche release that no fuss was made.

Still, it's nice to see it will finally make it. It's a shame I paid to get it from Sunyata, but that's better than not having it.