PO: Emarosa - Versus

really? when i do the magic trick i get 194

i'd probably cave and buy one if there were only 11 left....

I tried a different bundle and got 197. So I'm not gonna sweat it. I haven't even listened to this yet. They played the record release show on Saturday, probably would've gone and checked it out if I had been home.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The album grinds to a halt at track 4, but it's very listenable all around. A smart release that gives them a lot of room to do anything they want next. I will pick this up on vinyl ASAP as I'm just sorta rooting for them.

Really? I think that song is one of the best on the album. Overall, I feel this album pretty much meets my expectations. Not great, not bad.

This album has some really fucking good songs on it, but it's paced really oddly. They could have spread out the first five tracks and put some of the slower songs in between them and it would've flowed a lot nicer I think. I also think there were a few too many slow songs in general. But when the album picks up, it kills. Bradley Walden is still the man. Gonna grab this on vinyl soon. Hoping to get one of those swirl copies. Or splatter. Whatever it was. Will get the HT version if all else fails. Don't want clear. I hope the next album has a few less slow songs.

Really? I think that song is one of the best on the album. Overall, I feel this album pretty much meets my expectations. Not great, not bad.

I just mean that "I'll Just Wait" introduces 15 minutes of pretty slow jams. I still think they are well-written songs, but it drags just a bit. Overall, I'm still liking the release. I'm 100% with you in thinking that it's not great and not bad  :)

• 2 weeks later...