Disney/Marvel Soundtrack picture discs LPs - Hot Topic exclusives (updated 1/18/16)

It annoys me that my buying records creates hot cash. But I can't spend it on vinyl (most of my buying is online)

Valid argument, but I don't think HT cares haha

I've seen it mentioned a lot but I've never asked, what exactly happened with Hot Cash and vinyl that caused it to not count? I've seen people talk about taking advantage of it somehow?

Valid argument, but I don't think HT cares haha

I've seen it mentioned a lot but I've never asked, what exactly happened with Hot Cash and vinyl that caused it to not count? I've seen people talk about taking advantage of it somehow?

Basically HT was losing money on it. At least I think that's what the gist of it is. You could buy $60 worth of records for $30 or something like that, so people just went crazy with it haha. But like someone mentioned, with the prices how they are now, it would make sense for HT to bring back Hot Cash for vinyl.

Basically HT was losing money on it. At least I think that's what the gist of it is. You could buy $60 worth of records for $30 or something like that, so people just went crazy with it haha. But like someone mentioned, with the prices how they are now, it would make sense for HT to bring back Hot Cash for vinyl.

I think people were abusing it and flipping records for a profit

The codes weren't unique, so anyone could effectively get 50% off however much/however many times they wanted. I know I got some incredible deals, but it still probably wasn't the most ethical practice.

I think people were abusing it and flipping records for a profit

The codes weren't unique, so anyone could effectively get 50% off however much/however many times they wanted. I know I got some incredible deals, but it still probably wasn't the most ethical practice.

O...gotcha. The whole reusing codes things makes sense haha Like I said, I kept hearing people reference it but wasn't sure what they were talking about, so thanks for clearing that up!

What is Hot Topic exactly? It's a US thing yeah? I've never seen one in the UK. I always thought it was a clothes shop.

I remember hearing people were abusing the system. But geez augment a piece of the problem. Like when purchasing vinyl the rules change some. Don't just take it away all together. I got so much hot cash id love to do something with. Guess I will just get some band tee's

Buy something halfway useful and give it to charity. Buy band shirts from the band.

And now it's even more clear you've never been to a Hot Topic store.. Haha.

Hahaha so true. I swore off hot topic from age 15-21. When I was 14 I would get those gigantic, gaudy, horrible 55$ tripp pants. did they call them tripp because they made you fall from being too baggy? Anyway, last year I mozied from gamestop next door to hot topic on a whim because they were playing decent music (Johnny cash collection) and that day I found a copy of Andrew Jackson Jihad's Knife Man on vinyl for $4 on clearance. They're in my good graces again now.