Disney/Marvel Soundtrack picture discs LPs - Hot Topic exclusives (updated 1/18/16)

Got my B&TB & Aladdin yesterday. B&TB surprised me by how good it sounds (for a pic disc). Nice job.  When do we hear about what's coming next Travis? I must continue to appease the Disney gods.

Well Frozen and Nightmare Before Christmas are coming soon.

Not sure when I can talk about anything coming after that though.

i thought my copies of aladdin and Beauty & the Beast would arrive today, but sadly i just got an import tax bill of £24.42! :(

That's grim. I'm in the UK too and every time I've bought something from HT I've been hit with a customs fee. It's just something you've got to take into account and factor into your budget when you buy from overseas.

i thought my copies of aladdin and Beauty & the Beast would arrive today, but sadly i just got an import tax bill of £24.42! :(

Really should have bought them from amazon.ca, they came to £14 shipped if you ordered each separately. I've since canceled my orders because I really don't need pic discs, but cost wise it's much better than buying from HT since their price tag alone is higher than amazon's price+shipping together.

That's grim. I'm in the UK too and every time I've bought something from HT I've been hit with a customs fee. It's just something you've got to take into account and factor into your budget when you buy from overseas.

true, although this is the first time i've been hit with import tax for LP's 

also i didn't actually think amazon would of stocked these when i ordered, but at least i know now, although i ordered a blu ray through amazon US and had to pay hefty import fees too.

true, although this is the first time i've been hit with import tax for LP's 

also i didn't actually think amazon would of stocked these when i ordered, but at least i know now, although i ordered a blu ray through amazon US and had to pay hefty import fees too.

lots of places declare the value as much lower than it really is thereby avoiding fees for the customer, they are usually the smaller labels and distros. youre much more likely to get hefty customs from bigger outlets like hot topic, infact i would say youre pretty much guaranteed one from amazon if you go a penny over £15, so that negates the savings you make. youve just got to wait for deals like 50% off international shipping and hope it goes under the radar, but its a risk you take. fwiw i bought a couple disney pic discs from amazon uk because i have prime and i cba.

this website gives you a good idea of how much it is ultimately gonna cost you to import your records.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

It sucks. Heads up for future though, there's some very decent people on here who would happy let you ship the record to their house and post it back to you to avoid custom charges.

I always send them an additional $10-$15 to make it worth their effort too so they can buy themselves a record out of it. At least you'll avoid the almost $50 custom charges!

Just got to make sure you gift all your paypal money to them and put your trust in a stranger on the internet!

It sucks. Heads up for future though, there's some very decent people on here who would happy let you ship the record to their house and post it back to you to avoid custom charges.

I always send them an additional $10-$15 to make it worth their effort too so they can buy themselves a record out of it. At least you'll avoid the almost $50 custom charges!

Just got to make sure you gift all your paypal money to them and put your trust in a stranger on the internet!

Thanks buddy, I'll bear that in mind in the future!

I just noticed that the Frozen I preordered on Amazon ($18) is only the 10 songs (vs. the full soundtrack). Will the $26 pic disc have all the songs or just the 10?

I believe both versions have the 10 songs on them only. I wonder why the Pic Disc, however, is a UK pressing and isn't pressed domestically.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool. Was this the 180 gram black pressing? How is the quality?

i'm at work so i can't comment on the sound quality right now.  I just weighed it and its 135g.  I didn't realize it was supposed to be 180, but now I see on other sites that it was supposed to be a 180g back to black pressing.

edit: it looks like the 180g is being sold on amazon.ca  http://www.amazon.ca/Frozen-Songs-180g-Vinyl-Digital/dp/B00MGSTMBC/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1412006836&sr=1-1&keywords=frozen+vinyl