shit people say that you can't stand

Sorry, No. 'I could care less' is just wrong. The reason everyone (myself included) gets so irate about this is because everyone uses it when they actually mean the opposite. I've not heard one instance of someone actually using 'I could care less' accurately.

Thank you. I could definitely care less about this grammatical debate every time that it surfaces, but I just can't help myself.

Nah. Has nothing to do with proper grammar. It's more of a logic issue. It's like someone using a double negative but actually meaning something positive. It just doesn't work. And like it's been said above, it's improperly used in a negative connotation 99% of the time. I'd have zero problem hearing "could care less" if that's actually what people meant when they used the expression.

So you understand what is being said and the idea is brought across successfully, but you don't like it because you don't like the way the words are arranged.

Ok.

Nah. Has nothing to do with proper grammar. It's more of a logic issue. It's like someone using a double negative but actually meaning something positive. It just doesn't work. And like it's been said above, it's improperly used in a negative connotation 99% of the time. I'd have zero problem hearing "could care less" if that's actually what people meant when they used the expression.

I don't not understand what you're saying.

Love this fucking thread!

How about when people put an "r" in wash...like "I have to go warsh my hands" 

or "backare" ...like "he lives backare in the woods"

I think it is just from being in my shitty place of work for so long I am just so fucking sick of hearing it...

Also, as a vegan I hate when motherfuckers ask about my protein...

I've got it fucking covered you condescending shitheads...

I think it is just from being in my shitty place of work for so long I am just so fucking sick of hearing it...

I used to have a friend that added a "R" to almost every word he would say.  It drove me fucking insane.  Finally one day i asked him if he chewed lead paint chips as a kid and he didn't understand why i would say that.  

Okay, but...where do you get your protein? 

"I'm so OCD!"

You don't have OCD and chances are you don't have a clue about how tough it is for people that really have OCD.

I seriously hate this. It actually infuriates me. You're not OCD because you like to keep your desk organized, you're just anal retentive. All you're doing is diminishing people who do have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I've had friends attempt suicide over not being able to handle their OCD, it's not something to be thrown around lightly.

ATM machine. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE 'M' STANDS FOR YOU DULLARD!!!

What about;

VIN Number

UPC Code

LCD Display?

"You're a vegan?! Oh no! I could never do that. I love bacon too much"

"What do you eat?"

"Can you eat this?"

"Can you eat this?"

"Can you eat this?"

I always say "I can eat anything I want...I just choose not to"

Some lady asked me about my protein at work the other day and I printed out 6 different articles about vegetable protein and whatnot and about 3 articles on the calcium myth and how drinking milk does nothing at all but make us fat...she about shit her pants...haha

I was like "yeah bitch...I know what I'm doing."

"You're a vegan?! Oh no! I could never do that. I love bacon too much"

"What do you eat?"

"Can you eat this?"

"Can you eat this?"

"Can you eat this?"

I couldn't even imagine. 

The amount of questions I get because I stopped eating red meat (and red meat only) are incredible ridiculous.

So you understand what is being said and the idea is brought across successfully, but you don't like it because you don't like the way the words are arranged.

Ok.

ya prty mch d00d u can prbly fgr out wut im sying rite here...

...But it doesn't make it any less annoying. Or when people say "irregardless" – yeah, I get what you're trying to say. But yeah, you still sound like a tool.

Okay, this topic has had me thinking a lot about things I can't stand when people say. I realized that not a lot of speech bothers me, except for "orgasmic" and "foodgasm" like Nicole pointed out.

This lead me to realize that one thing that does REALLY get under my skin...is when people make sex noises while eating food. There are many ways to express that your food tastes good, moaning is not one of them.

I toured with a guy who ALWAYS did this when he ate. It was easily one of the worst things I have ever experienced. 

This lead me to realize that one thing that does REALLY get under my skin...is when people make sex noises while eating food. There are many ways to express that your food tastes good, moaning is not one of them.

I toured with a guy who ALWAYS did this when he ate. It was easily one of the worst things I have ever experienced.

Wait, what? Is that a thing? Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I've never encountered that. Thankfully. It sounds really awkward, though. Did he do that facetiously, or were his tastebuds making him legitimately moan?