shit people say that you can't stand

The undercurrent of it is often "I'm color blind - I treat everyone like they're white."

I was once attacked on a message board for telling a story about a homeless man who tried to kiss me at a train station.  I had described him as a smelly black homeless guy tried to kiss me.  Everyone said that because I wouldn't have said a "smelly white homeless guy", I was being racist and what I said was wrong.  The skin color had nothing to do with the fact that a homeless guy tried to kiss me.

I still don't buy into this, as I was describing, not objectifying, and why did I bother mentioning it was a man at that point, or even homeless?  " a person tried to kiss me at the metro" wouldn't have made for an interesting story...

This just reminded me about the story for some reason

Well I think you forget how many more albums they have and how many more years Kiss has been an active band. Even if I dont agree with the price rape that is this box set.

I want them to take their time with it. I have no money, and RSD is going to rape me already.

The reasoning for not vetoing was that some of the guys thought that the standard for vetoing trades is that "if there is no collusion, I won't veto. Trade rape is part of fantasy football and we aren't going to protect anyone". I see it differently, though. Veto is there to protect the league integrity, not the individual who made a stupid trade.

Aw no, what will we do now that we know how you feel about sports bras? I guess it's a good thing that we wear bras for support and not to please you.

With that said, I'm convinced you've never seen a woman in a bra or anything less. Our boobs look amazing no matter what is supporting them.

Can you not tell that he's just fucking with you at this point? He wants you to freak out more.

Either way, this whole discussion is still really funny to me.

Soooo.... This may not be what people say, but rather what you're forced to say: I hate when restaurants name things ridiculously on their menu. Just went for burritos and they call their margaritas 'margies'. I don't want a 'margy' and I don't want a 'friendly frank', I want a hot dog dammit.

Soooo.... This may not be what people say, but rather what you're forced to say: I hate when restaurants name things ridiculously on their menu. Just went for burritos and they call their margaritas 'margies'. I don't want a 'margy' and I don't want a 'friendly frank', I want a hot dog dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5haDL78AJE

this sketch is the best

AMEN.

Lol dude

dude nothing on this one. i told you guys.. hit the search bar and see how willy nilly the word gets used without any caring in the slightest. the only reason people got pissed off was because of mob mentality.

"but rape is a trigger word!"

fucking EVERYTHING is a trigger word now. 

Cancer.

ban me.

dude nothing on this one. i told you guys.. hit the search bar and see how willy nilly the word gets used without any caring in the slightest. the only reason people got pissed off was because of mob mentality.

"but rape is a trigger word!"

fucking EVERYTHING is a trigger word now. 

Cancer.

ban me.

...it IS a trigger word.  Let it be, Ry.  You aren't going to change anyone's mind.

...it IS a trigger word.  Let it be, Ry.  You aren't going to change anyone's mind.

i don't need to change anyone's mind. sensitive people are going to be sensitive. 

this entire fucking country is just a bunch of people who cannot wait for the next story about something someone said so that they can be TOTALLY OFFENDED- even if it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

but my point again- go to the threads that i linked. did ANYONE get upset over those posts? 

or do we only get upset about things when we think we're supposed to?

let's see-

afro

Jeff+Senior+High+School.jpg

rice

rr_ItalianCreamyGarlic.png

I personally don't get upset just hearing or reading the word rape. I totally get why people would not like to hear it or talk about it and all that. What I think everyone is trying to get across to you is that you just went batshit and threw out rape like suddenly that was gonna make everyone discussing the ridiculous topic of beards/tits go oh shit he's got a point. Nooooooope.

I personally don't get upset just hearing or reading the word rape. I totally get why people would not like to hear it or talk about it and all that. What I think everyone is trying to get across to you is that you just went batshit and threw out rape like suddenly that was gonna make everyone discussing the ridiculous topic of beards/tits go oh shit he's got a point. Nooooooope.

9674536-cat-approved--tested--choice-sea

i also really like boobs. just fucking hate the way that i joke around about them, and i'm admonished as if i'm not allowed to speak of them because i don't have them and i don't understand the struggle.

Do we have a Beard Appreciation Thread?

I think that question would have settled this argument from the start.

I do have to say that I am closer to Ry's side of the fence when it comes to use of the word "rape." To liken this situation to something that's already been said here, it's like when somebody has "passed away" - just say "died." Rape is something that happens, and that's terrible, but assigning a value to the word itself that makes people uncomfortable is actually making the problem worse. You can disagree with me, but if you do, frankly, you're wrong. Do not skirt around the word "rape." Do not be afraid of the word. Be afraid of the action, certainly - but it should not be a word or topic that is avoided at all costs. That's some weak shit.

Edit: not directed towards the rape thing

Acknowledged. It ties back into what I said earlier about all this "politically correct" shit. Calling it "sexual assault" instead of "rape," or not talking about it at all. Well, sexual assault encompasses an incredible variety of things, and if it's something you can't talk about at all at the risk of triggering someone, then you've crossed the line from "politically correct" to "a dumbass."

Do we have a Beard Appreciation Thread?

I think that question would have settled this argument from the start.

I do have to say that I am closer to Ry's side of the fence when it comes to use of the word "rape." To liken this situation to something that's already been said here, it's like when somebody has "passed away" - just say "died." Rape is something that happens, and that's terrible, but assigning a value to the word itself that makes people uncomfortable is actually making the problem worse. You can disagree with me, but if you do, frankly, you're wrong. Do not skirt around the word "rape." Do not be afraid of the word. Be afraid of the action, certainly - but it should not be a word or topic that is avoided at all costs. That's some weak shit.

Yeah I agree but in this instance people were debating that women starring at his beard and commenting on it a lot is the same as guys starring at women's boobs and saying "nice tits". Then all the sudden you get "ok let's experiment...rape" mmm what?

not to be a pest... but why do you understand the ladies getting upset when the man who first used the word was actually a victim of it?

Yeah I agree but in this instance people were debating that women starring at his beard and commenting on it a lot is the same as guys starring at women's boobs and saying "nice tits". Then all the sudden you get "ok let's experiment...rape" mmm what?

go back and reread the post. there was a point a to point b involved.