shit people say that you can't stand

Not so much a thing some one says as more something they do.

Post records for sale at a marked up price, when they are still for sale at retail price.

Just had someone trying to explain to me why he was selling his records higher than Amazon was.....I don't care why, but why would I pay you more just to avoid "the man".....

I have a coworker who can't get his metaphors right.

Just this week:

"It's really going to throw a monkey in the wrench."

"We skirted a bullet there."

Sigh...

At my previous job, a sales guy fucked up something and shouted to the office - "Well now I'm up the paddle without a creek, aren't I?!"

Basically saying "okay, I will do it the wrong way since that's what you're asking me to do" – I can see why he wouldn't be a fan. But if I were in your shoes, Dani, I'd probably say (and imply) something very similar. And based off your prior posts, it sounds like you're valued enough to get away with firing back at the boss now and then. I like it.

That's the thing! We were going back and forth about how payments should be applied to invoices, and I was seriously telling him his way doesn't make sense and causes more time and paperwork and he just keeps saying "we have to get creative!" So if you're not going to listen to my objections, and you're not going to be happy about me agreeing with your way of doing things, I have no other options. Even if I just said "Alright." I'm sure he would've taken that as condescending too.

I mean, I count my blessings that I can talk to him this way, because without me they'd be up a paddle without a creek. But I seriously work for a Michael Scott who acts like a child one minute, then needs to be controlling and micromanaging the other.

Yeah, you should've just said yes sir. Actually, okay because "yes sir" can be mocking also.

In our argument I think I threw in a "alright, you're the boss!"