shit people say that you can't stand

you're the same guy that was defending your use of calling things gay awhile back. but you have a problem with how people use the word "retard"?

No, that wasn't me. Why did you think that? I wouldn't ever defend the use of the word "gay" as a derogatory term or an insult.

I'll never understand why people are so precious about defending their perceived right to use the word "retard". Does it really mean that much to you that you can't use another, non-offensive word?

yeah I don't get it either. Their defense is usually something like "the intention is more important" but if their intention isn't to offend they'd know not to protect an offensive word in the first place.

No, that wasn't me. Why did you think that? I wouldn't ever defend the use of the word "gay" as a derogatory term or an insult.

thought it was you. no biggie.

Also, how is it acceptable?

it's an acceptable insult, meaning it does what it is intended to do: insult.

I'll never understand why people are so precious about defending their perceived right to use the word "retard". Does it really mean that much to you that you can't use another, non-offensive word?

offending someone is one of the reasons you would use an insult.

are you implying that it's never acceptable to use an insult? all insults are offensive by their very nature. it doesn't matter if the word is retard, stupid, idiot, moron, fucktard, etc... they are all insults meant to offend. there aren't any non-offensive substitutes when it comes to an insult.

The point is using those "insults" innsults entire groups of people who aren't the person you're insulting. So while we work to remove the stigma from those words, you're reinforcing them.

Seriously, no one cares what you say to like your shitty friends or whatever, but using those words publicly is shitty and will get you called out.

The point is using those "insults" innsults entire groups of people who aren't the person you're insulting. So while we work to remove the stigma from those words, you're reinforcing them.

Seriously, no one cares what you say to like your shitty friends or whatever, but using those words publicly is shitty and will get you called out.

Call someone an asshole and no one else is offended. An insult doesn't need to shit on a whole group of people.

i understand what you are saying, just disagree. i'm not full retard.

your avatar is pretty manly, as is bruce willis. not sure why you hatin' so hard.

Gendered stuff like that is bullshit. It makes kids (in particular) feel like they need to be a certain way or there's something wrong with them. There's no wrong way to be any gender. There's also no right way.

It's also shitty to associate strength with being a man and weakness with being a woman.

Gendered stuff like that is bullshit. It makes kids (in particular) feel like they need to be a certain way or there's something wrong with them. There's no wrong way to be any gender. There's also no right way.

It's also shitty to associate strength with being a man and weakness with being a woman.

do you want bronies? because this is how you get bronies.

1398937526730.cached.jpg

I don't know what the fuck is up with bronies, but no it's not.

i'm not convinced. i get that forced gender norms can be overbearing and outdated, but i don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be. also i'm getting old and damn all these young whippersnappers telling me what i can and can't say. feelings are important but overrated.

crcl-gran.torino.bdrip-cd1.gif

looks like you're a malaka

probably. but fuck you and welcome to VC.

the one useful thing about people who use the word "retard" as an insult is that it lets decent people know to avoid the person using that term, because they are an idiot.

i'm getting old and damn all these young whippersnappers telling me what i can and can't say. feelings are important but overrated.

yes, your right to use whatever word you wish is definitely more important than basic human decency.