shit people say that you can't stand

Okay, this topic has had me thinking a lot about things I can't stand when people say. I realized that not a lot of speech bothers me, except for "orgasmic" and "foodgasm" like Nicole pointed out.

This lead me to realize that one thing that does REALLY get under my skin...is when people make sex noises while eating food. There are many ways to express that your food tastes good, moaning is not one of them.

I toured with a guy who ALWAYS did this when he ate. It was easily one of the worst things I have ever experienced. 

I worked with this crusty 300lbs middle aged women who went on herbal magic for a year and lost like 100lbs.  she was fucking gross, and not because of her weight.  just a gross ass crusty ass person.  so she goes on this super strict herbal magic thing and loses 100lbs, still leaving her looking like a fat fuck but now with all this skin flopping everywhere (think of the scene from austin powers when fat bastard says his neck looks like a vagina) and she decides that she's hot shit and like everyone else who does that shit, starts gorging after basically not eating for a year.  well theres a costco next to my work so she goes in one day and gets one of their smoked meat sandwiches and i had the lonely displeasure of having to take my lunch break at the same time as her.  the noises and commentary she made while eating this goddamn sandwich was enough to make you puke.  i'm legitimately convinced she came in her pants while eating this thing.  she was moaning and groaning and actually shaking while eating it.  it was one of the most fucking vile things i've ever experienced and to this day i quiver thinking about it.  most people are not even that loud when they're fucking all she did was eat a shitty fucking sandwich.  fuck.

*goddamn am i a miserable bitch.

I think I unconsciously cringe or somehow disfigure my face when someone calls me "bro," because it's happened to me by three different people. Those three people never called me "bro" ever again. 

Using 'bro' as a comedy device has worn out cmpletely too.

I hate it when people use 'party' as a verb.

When customers call me "young man".

Or when I'm ringing up something at the register that doesn't have a price. "OH IT DIDN'T RING UP IT MUST BE FREE".

(Also, not a phrase but a serious pet peeve. If a customer waggles their finger at me with a "come here", I will resent having to helping you. I'm not your dog.)

(Also, not a phrase but a serious pet peeve. If a customer waggles their finger at me with a "come here", I will resent having to helping you. I'm not your dog.)

At a job I had a few years I got a complaint from a customer who said I ignored them. When my manager was reprimanding me I explained that I was doing something at the other end of an aisle and the customer started snapping her fingers and eventually yelling "Hey! Hey! HEY!" when I didn't respond to the snapping. The manager ripped up my write up, because that shit was ridiculous. Retail is hell.

Speaking of which, I think someone already mentioned it, but being called "Chief" is the most condescending shit ever.

on the same note, we had a customer recently who was pulling his "i'm upset because i'm not getting exactly what i want even though i know damn well that this is bullshit" schtick. at first, it was one of my associates trying to politely let him know he was wrong, but then my boss happened to walk by, and in the most condescending tone ever, he says to him "hey. buddy. c'mere."

no. nope.

I worked with this crusty 300lbs middle aged women who went on herbal magic for a year and lost like 100lbs. she was fucking gross, and not because of her weight. just a gross ass crusty ass person. so she goes on this super strict herbal magic thing and loses 100lbs, still leaving her looking like a fat fuck but now with all this skin flopping everywhere (think of the scene from austin powers when fat bastard says his neck looks like a vagina) and she decides that she's hot shit and like everyone else who does that shit, starts gorging after basically not eating for a year. well theres a costco next to my work so she goes in one day and gets one of their smoked meat sandwiches and i had the lonely displeasure of having to take my lunch break at the same time as her. the noises and commentary she made while eating this goddamn sandwich was enough to make you puke. i'm legitimately convinced she came in her pants while eating this thing. she was moaning and groaning and actually shaking while eating it. it was one of the most fucking vile things i've ever experienced and to this day i quiver thinking about it. most people are not even that loud when they're fucking all she did was eat a shitty fucking sandwich. fuck.

*goddamn am i a miserable bitch.

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Simply because if I experienced this same thing, I probably would have described the situation exactly the same, word for word.

I hate when people say/think fish isn't meat.

I hate when ANYONE tries to ask me about religion/politics.

I hate when people ask not "if" but "when" my wife & I are having kids (which is never).

I hate when people don't say please & thank you, even when ordering fast food. It's

common sense fucking manners.

I hate when people don't own up to making a simple mistake. Just say "sorry about that" & move on. Fuck you & your pride. I don't respect anyone that can't say "sorry".

I don't like when people refer to music or bands as "relevant." Relevant to fucking what? If it's being discussed on this board, it's probably not relevant to popular culture, politics, or world issues*, and it's not like your personal taste in music determines whether a band is "relevant" or not (again, to what?). 

* Unless it's some type of overtly political music, but Brand New and Kanye West don't fit that mold.

When customers call me "young man".

Or when I'm ringing up something at the register that doesn't have a price. "OH IT DIDN'T RING UP IT MUST BE FREE".

I share your pain...

uggggghhhh I hate that one so much. Actually, pretty much any word that gets overused by Christians.

Also my boss can't pronounce "wash", and it makes me rage.

"Can you waHRsh those dishes?"

"Where in WaHRshington do you live?"

uuuuuugh.

In the Pacific Northwest, we apparently have the most unabridged English of all (no fucking stupid quirks like the Southerners have or "wahrsh"), so when I hear somebody in fucking Washington fucking say "Warshington," I don't even know how to react. It's like, are you not from here or just a fucking idiot?