I got the shakes baby! (earthquake thread, natural disaster not the comedian)

From what I saw on a few sites, these were expected to be foreshocks. My wife and I didn't feel anything but my father in-law was only 5 miles away felt this last one. Normally these don't bother me, but now that we have kids I'm worried.

Couldn't agree with you anymore with the kids part! I just got my Tsunami Warning Pamphlet in today from the city... First thing popped into my head today was where I was going to take my son

There were some great laughs on twitter about it this morning, a personal favorite: "clearly I know nothing about earthquake safety. Why the hell did I run outside with my cat?"

But for real, everyone be safe.

I remember when we had a slight earthquake on the easy a few years back. Everyone flipped out because their lawn chairs fell over.

Got shook up for a good 30-40 seconds here in the Westchester/LAX area, lamps rattling, things falling off shelves, all that good stuff. It was definitely the biggest quake I've felt in my 2-3 years of living here. Weirdly, I didn't feel scared, but it definitely got my adrenaline flowing and I had to take a walk to calm down.

Also helped confirm my suspicions that LA local news is the absolute worst, because I turned on the TV right afterward and their top story was "EARTHQUAKE FORCES VISITORS TO LEAVE DISNEYLAND"

Someone else on here lives in Arcata? No shit. Yeah, that 6.9 was... exciting?

It was exciting. My heart was racing though haha. It reminded me of the earthquake that hit here a few years ago, I believe it was January of 2011 (like the first week of the new year). That one shook so much that the TV fell off its entertainment unit. It was a big ass tv. That one, I think, really scared people because the power went out for like 4 hours.

It was exciting. My heart was racing though haha. It reminded me of the earthquake that hit here a few years ago, I believe it was January of 2011 (like the first week of the new year). That one shook so much that the TV fell off its entertainment unit. It was a big ass tv. That one, I think, really scared people because the power went out for like 4 hours.

Yeah, I remember that one. It was my first earthquake experience after moving here from Florida. Scared the shit out of me. The apartment I was living in at the time was all tile and our couch was on wheels. Needless to say, we did quite a bit of rolling around.