PO: True Widow - True Widow "RSD" repress

340 in physical stores for RSD, 160 sold through End Sounds.

OG copies of this were nastily priced, too, and I'm sure RSD ballooning won't help. The link above is a pretty crappy price for a double LP... but it's also the cheapest you're going to find this album, unless an eBay auction ends at a fluke price. As someone who owns an OG copy, I can at least confirm that the jacket and gatefold are top-notch in quality, and that the pressing sounds fantastic. Doesn't justify the total price, but if anything it just softens the blow.

340 in physical stores for RSD, 160 sold through End Sounds.

OG copies of this were nastily priced, too, and I'm sure RSD ballooning won't help. The link above is a pretty crappy price for a double LP... but it's also the cheapest you're going to find this album, unless an eBay auction ends at a fluke price. As someone who owns an OG copy, I can at least confirm that the jacket and gatefold are top-notch in quality, and that the pressing sounds fantastic. Doesn't justify the total price, but if anything it just softens the blow.

Thanks for the update, good to know.

Also heard that the wholesale was like $26 and change, so I definitely am anticipating every store pricing these over $30.

The link above is to buy directly from End Sounds, as they use Blue Collar for their store.

Not trying to justify the high cost as I have literally nothing to do with this release (I just love this record).  

But yeah, you probably won't get it much cheaper than this, unfortunately.

I have an original, but if I didn't I'd be shelling out that price for this without hesitation based on the fact that original copies have been selling for $100+ for a little while now.

Ordered without hesitation.  Over 1200 stores are taking part in RSD in the US alone.  340 copies being spread over 1200 stores are pretty thin odds.  Not to mention the rat race of standing in line and hoping that the one copy a store did get didn't sell out.  I'll still participate in RSD (as always), but this is at least one release I no longer have to stress out about or try to hunt down.

Main reason to order: "Skull on the cover faces to the left in this pressing."

I noticed this too, and a great idea to distinguish the jackets on which pressing.

Also wanting and OG, but I 've been watching those $100 go by as well, so this felt like a steal. RSD B&M's will be charging $35+ for sure.