PO: Emma Ruth Rundle - Some Heavy Ocean

via Sargent House:

The new Emma Ruth Rundle store is open you can pre-order vinyl, cd and or great bundles with limited edition Shirt illustrated by J.A.W. Cooper. The stunning photos done for the album and poster are by her Marriages and Red Sparowes band mate Gregory Burns 

SHIPS ON OR AROUND MAY 15th

ERR_cover650_1024x1024.jpg?v=1395771919

A single variant so far (light transparent blue).  I'm pretty excited about this one.  Everything Emma has done has been gold.

More like this year! I hear ya man. What's the new avatar?

New Cloud Nothings. Get at it if you haven't, man.

Also agree with the Chelsea / Emma collaboration comment. I was just thinking about how wild that would be. Considering that they're both on the SH label, I don't see it being outside the realm of possible.

this one was budgeted for, as is the Marriages.  Looking forward to her solo music - glad none of the shirts struck my fancy.

CW and ERR toured together with Russian Circles in 2012 (Turncrantz played drums for Kitsune set) and they seem to get along well.

Interesting idea on the collab - not sure how that would play out, probably a boom or bust. But hey, it's ok to dream :)

Sargent House really needs to pick up the Nocturnes stuff and press that first album.  It's amazing.

Absolutely one of my favorite mellow / melancholy albums - perfection from start to finish - "gloomgaze" or "folkgaze" I think ERR calls it. Best 'unknown' album in my collection.

It really should be available to the masses - I think she still may have some copies of Aokigahara, but not sure. I know she said ERR-1 was done/gone for good, no more vinyl.

She's got at least 5 or 6 different vocal styles or tones she uses after A Year Of Spring, and downplays her guitar skills (ok, she's not a Tosin, and was pretty much unnoticed as the 3rd guitarist in Red Sparowes)

I had to have A Year Of Spring on physical so I bought a CD. throwngcpr is right re: the two albums being quite different. Both excellent in their own right, but I go Aokigahara more often, having a similar mesmerizing / zoning effect with the shared male:female vocals often in the -gaze genre. You don't have to be a guitarist to appreciate how her guitar work makes such a statement without necessary be as 'front and loud' as Whirr.

glad to see some ERR love here, and we've supposedly got 60 minutes of new Marriages material coming out this year as well :)

She's got at least 5 or 6 different vocal styles or tones she uses after A Year Of Spring, and downplays her guitar skills (ok, she's not a Tosin, and was pretty much unnoticed as the 3rd guitarist in Red Sparowes)

I had to have A Year Of Spring on physical so I bought a CD. throwngcpr is right re: the two albums being quite different. Both excellent in their own right, but I go Aokigahara more often, having a similar mesmerizing / zoning effect with the shared male:female vocals often in the -gaze genre. You don't have to be a guitarist to appreciate how her guitar work makes such a statement without necessary be as 'front and loud' as Whirr.

glad to see some ERR love here, and we've supposedly got 60 minutes of new Marriages material coming out this year as well :)

^^ all that, yes.  We need some more ERR love around here.  I am really excited for new Marriages - Kitsune was killer.

Thought I was the only one with the huge crush.

This girl can do no wrong.

I've also given thought to a ERR/Chelsea Wolfe split/collab. They'll get around to it eventually. It's inevitable.

489.jpeg

Damn me for saying this but I wish they used something more imaginative for the cover though. This one reminds me of an attempt at profundity that all the generic country-popish female singer-songwriters have done to death. Or is it just me? Either way, it's the music that matters and in all reality I actually don't mind it too much.

• 2 weeks later...