One side of record won't spin/play/do anything

Nope. It's the kids turntable, I doubt many pop punk albums like this make it to tables that cost more than $100. My favorite part of his post is that they think it may be warped... every warped record I own that is audibly messed up is clearly warped from a visual stand point, there's no guess work involved.

Edited for frostedflakes.

That's why I asked, because there are no visible marks.

Warped does not mean there are scratches or marks. I'm definitely feeding the troll here but I can't help it. Check out some of the images from a google image search for "warped vinyl".

I'm not a "troll", I am, what pretentious experienced vinyl collectors would refer to as a "noob", I guess. Excuse me for trying to solve a vinyl problem on a vinyl forum.

Your record player would not be playing the A side but not the B side unless you're flipping the fucking table over instead of the record. It can't consciously differentiate between the two sides of a record.

The most likely explanation is that it doesn't start 50% of the time, and you just happen to be trying to play the B side when it happens.

It's an odd problem, but I don't think its warped. The grooves on the records themselves are probably messed up in a way where it causes heavy drag on the needle. Because of this, the needle is stopped because of the grooves, which explains why it doesn't spin. In other words, the grooves on the records are really messed up. 

Try lifting the needle and placing it somewhere else on the A-side of the record to see if the problem is still there.

Also, a warped record is when the record is slightly bended in a way that it messes up the pitch of the record. 

It's an odd problem, but I don't think its warped. The grooves on the records themselves are probably messed up in a way where it causes heavy drag on the needle. Because of this, the needle is stopped because of the grooves, which explains why it doesn't spin. In other words, the grooves on the records are really messed up. 

Try lifting the needle and placing it somewhere else on the A-side of the record to see if the problem is still there.

Also, a warped record is when the record is slightly bended in a way that it messes up the pitch of the record.

Yeah, it might be that. Really appreciate your potentially helpful reply. Every time I put the needle on the record it just kind of, sat there, making a muffled distorted sound. I'll try it when I've slept. If it still doesn't play I'll just try switching the labels so the turntable's scanner is fooled. The latter is sarcasm.

logically, a turntable that plays the A side but the platter stops when trying to play B side would dictate :

A) the record weighs a hundred fucking pounds (on one side only, clearly)

B ) you don't know how to properly use your turntable (did you lift the tone arm to double check?)

C) a force field surrounding your property has prevented things from happening like they should.

or

D) The motor in your turntable is shitting itself and needs to be replaced.

Also, (real question.) I don't know if it was stated previously, but what turntable are you using?

Alright, I'm going to have to ask that you step away from the computer right now. There is no reason to get snippy. Were people making jokes? Yes. Were people genuinely trying to help? The answer here is also yes.

Your question is confusing as hell and probably wasn't completely thought out/composed well. That is no reason to freak out.

You've gotten a few helpful suggestions, try looking into the problem more because your question really did not make any sense.

And to add to Princess Logan *bows before ye*

People did ask you to post a video of what was going on so we actually could attempt to help you. We do make jokes around here. Are they personal jabs? No. Please un-rustle your jimmies and lower your angry typing voice before it wakes up the neighbors and the dogs start barking.

Go to sleep.

It's not my bedtime yet, MOM

You're telling us your platter stops spinning because you flipped your record over. Doing the latter does not affect the former, unless flipping records over also means removing the belt from your turntable... and then unplugging it.

Try other records, most likely return your/buy a new tt, enjoy your music. Welcome to VC.