PO: Modest Mouse - Good news for people who love bad news GREEN #d /1000

So happy I found a mint condition copy on ebay 4 years ago for less than $40! Terrific album

I found one a couple months back at a record store for $40 that is in pretty good condition. One of my better finds at a store. I still hope it gets pressed again though. It's definitely a great album.

I wonder how many copies they hold back for retail? Has anyone figured it out based on past NC exclusives? Does it vary from title to title (and pressing count to pressing count)?

Not sure, but I feel I've seen a decent number of all their past exclusives in my local store (only bought the Deltron 3030 one).

On a related note to New England folks, they're having a 25% off everything sale this weekend.

Why? Just WHY?

I love this album, but there are THREE better MM albums to press, and this is readily available. I paid $14 for the black 180-gram off Amazon. I don't get it.

It's not like people haven't tried to press those albums for years. Isaac has been pretty set on doing it through his label. I think this pressing is dumb but still not like they can just press those other albums on a whim.

$21.99 for this double LP. $27.99 for the single disc Nirvana LP. $29.99 for the Pearl Jam double LP. $29.99 for the single disc Talking Heads LP. Go fuck yourself Newbury Comics.

Why stop there? $34.99 for the single disc KISS reissues. Go fuck yourself Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Universal Music, and maybe possibly Ace & Peter.

$129.99 for the official 2XLP "Watch The Throne" vinyl. Go fuck yourself Jay-Z, Kanye, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and Blue Ivy & North for good measure.

$399.99 for the limited-edition Great Gatsy soundtrack on metallic vinyl from Third Man Records. Go fuck yourself Jack White. It's clear you hate vinyl and always have!!!  :wacko:

Why stop there? $34.99 for the single disc KISS reissues. Go fuck yourself Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Universal Music, and maybe possibly Ace & Peter.

$129.99 for the official 2XLP "Watch The Throne" vinyl. Go fuck yourself Jay-Z, Kanye, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, and Blue Ivy & North for good measure.

$399.99 for the limited-edition Great Gatsy soundtrack on metallic vinyl from Third Man Records. Go fuck yourself Jack White. It's clear you hate vinyl and always have!!! :wacko:

Don't lump Yonce' in there!

The main complaint about the pricing is that everything Newbury has pressed is already available for cheaper. If this, or Fleet Foxes, or Bon Iver, or whatever was out of print and Newbury released these variants no one would be complaining about the prices.

The main complaint about the pricing is that everything Newbury has pressed is already available for cheaper. If this, or Fleet Foxes, or Bon Iver, or whatever was out of print and Newbury released these variants no one would be complaining about the prices.

I'm out of upvotes for the day, or else I'd upvote this so hard. Thank you for being logical