FS: My Chemical Romance Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

dkrtz

It is with a heavy heart that I must attempt to sell my very cherished copy of Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. A huge mishap with the bank has my family attempting to come up with hundreds of dollars in mere days, and this is the most valuable thing I own, besides my car lol. The record is in near mint condition. I haven't played it. The sleeve is in very good condition, with only minor shelf wear. I have all the inserts; the original red REVENGE inner sleeve, the lyric insert which include handwritten lyric sheets pictured on one side, and the logo+guns stencil, of course never used. I am the original owner. I truly do not wish to part with this, and if a sale doesn't occur before the deadline with the bank I will not be selling it.

I am hoping to find $160ppd for this. I know it's an extremely high number and I regret asking for it (especially because I plan to repurchase this later this year, and I know it'll hurt whenever I have to pay over $200 for another copy.). This is a last option for me. But I don't even have a player right now so maybe there's someone out there looking for a copy who would also cherish it and actually give it the spins it deserves.

I can take pictures upon request. Thanks for reading.

It is this version, of course. http://www.discogs.com/My-Chemical-Romance-Three-Cheers-For-Sweet-Revenge/release/1597615

Should I post on discogs for more exposure? I wasn't sure since I would want to remove it next week if it doesn't sell before the deadline, and i'm not sure how listing and removing items on discogs works.

It is this version, of course. http://www.discogs.com/My-Chemical-Romance-Three-Cheers-For-Sweet-Revenge/release/1597615

Should I post on discogs for more exposure? I wasn't sure since I would want to remove it next week if it doesn't sell before the deadline, and i'm not sure how listing and removing items on discogs works.

Listing and unlisting is free. You can do it whenever you want. Good luck with your sale dude!

Really? The copy I saw on ebay two weeks ago went for 260 and the one o saw last week went for 150. I'm definitely only looking to sell because this seems to be the most valuable thing I own. I would entertain lower prices than my asking price but the apparent "average discogs" price seems a bit low to me based off the rate they've been going for and the fact one hasn't sold on discogs in months and the only one listed is over 350 dollars (that is absurdly high).

Like I said, I know my asking price is high but I'm only selling out of necessity with an intent to repurchase later.. would destroy me to part with it at the lower prices you named just to spend double that to own it a second time.

Of course a large part of me hopes it DOESN'T sell, but I gotta find this money somehow.

its getting repressed. you'll likely have trouble selling for $175.

Since when? If so I'm ecstatic for hopes of an actual black parade repress. I know there's been rumors for years but last I read from Travis in the blink 182 thread the label had no intention to repress.

Edit: I listed on discogs and lowered the asking price to 160. Willing to hear any offers but really need as much as I can possibly find; I have no idea how we're gonna cover these sudden bank fees.

I'm almost certain there's no repress in the works for any of their albums yet, which is tragic.

In relation to the thread, would anyone have any reasonable offer for this today or tomorrow? I never plan to ask so much for a record again and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth doing so. It's the only thing I could think of that's value is in the three digits.. though I'm realizing how improbable finding someone willing to help out with that much by Friday is proving to be. I just wanna reiterate that my asking price is a reaction to my situational adversaries and that I'm not some crazy guy who always overprices the value of his online sales. I get almost all my possessions through online interactions so I definitely understand and any other time I do my best to make a fair deal for both parties involved.. I wish I could be asking half what I'm asking, but I'm just desperately searching for $480 by Friday so that the bank doesn't close my family account. Like I said if it doesn't sell by Friday I have no need for the extreme amount of money and will take down my listings. I really have been fretting about not only my financial situation but also about how absurd my asking price appears here so I felt the need to elaborate a bit on my intention

You're the original owner of this but you've never played it...then you later say you'd spend over $200 later to buy it again.

Genuinely confused on why you'd pay over 200 dollars for a record that you wouldn't play.

I previously only had a shitty, cheap table and I just felt iffy about playing this record on it. that player broke and I haven't been able to afford a nice one yet. I of course have every intention to listen to my favorite records when possible. Also, I'd only spend so much to own this specific record again because it was such a crucial part of my adolescence, which is something I share with the woman I've been with for the greater half of the past decade; it was both of our favorite albums whenever we were twelve and it just really means a lot to both of us, having initially sparked our continually growing deep interest in music a decade ago.

And alright, I suppose I misunderstood the going rate based off all the prices I've been seeing in the past few months. I'll hold on to this and look into other means of finding the funds. Apparently i was the only one silly enough to see such value in it anyway lol. Thanks for all the information guys. Next time I list prices I'll research here rather than ebay and discogs.

I previously only had a shitty, cheap table and I just felt iffy about playing this record on it. that player broke and I haven't been able to afford a nice one yet. I of course have every intention to listen to my favorite records when possible. Also, I'd only spend so much to own this specific record again because it was such a crucial part of my adolescence, which is something I share with the woman I've been with for the greater half of the past decade; it was both of our favorite albums whenever we were twelve and it just really means a lot to both of us, having initially sparked our continually growing deep interest in music a decade ago.

And alright, I suppose I misunderstood the going rate based off all the prices I've been seeing in the past few months. I'll hold on to this and look into other means of finding the funds. Apparently i was the only one silly enough to see such value in it anyway lol. Thanks for all the information guys. Next time I list prices I'll research here rather than ebay and discogs.

Gotcha. I didn't mean that as a dig or anything. I was just genuinely curious. Good luck!