Paramore Record Store Day 12 Inch!

Why put it in a plastic sleeve like that instead of a proper jacket? It's not even a picture disc.

I guess it makes that really cool, original idea of a black/white (clear? I can't tell) split much easier to display, as opposed to play, as I imagine most Paramore fans would do.

It's actually just black and shaped like its broken. The inner 7" like part is the only playable part.

Why put it in a plastic sleeve like that instead of a proper jacket? It's not even a picture disc.

I guess it makes that really cool, original idea of a black/white (clear? I can't tell) split much easier to display, as opposed to play, as I imagine most Paramore fans would do.

My monitor resolution is pretty good... but I'm still struggling to see any clear [or white] element to that record.  It looks like it's a 5" with a bat wing glued to its side.  I haven't followed the details of this release, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this had one playable song on each side - with a hunk of dead, useless vinyl off to the side - that retailed for the price of a full record.  And teen girls would gobble it up.  Hence my first post.

It's actually just black and shaped like its broken. The inner 7" like part is the only playable part.

What the fuck? What a waste.

My monitor resolution is pretty good... but I'm still struggling to see any clear [or white] element to that record.  It looks like it's a 5" with a bat wing glued to its side.  I haven't followed the details of this release, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this had one playable song on each side - with a hunk of dead, useless vinyl off to the side - that retailed for the price of a full record.  And teen girls would gobble it up.  Hence my first post.

Yeah, it's my bad. At first it just looked like a black/white split, but I thought the white matched the background too well so maybe it was clear... then (with museummoth's help, thanks dude) I realized that it just shaped to be broken in half - or a bat wing? I dunno, my monitor is a good 12 years old.

Either way, a waste of vinyl. Hopefully they're using recycled, instead of virgin vinyl for that dead part. 

Edit: That actually doesn't matter - these'll be going to a bunch of Crosleys to get needles dropped on the dead wax anyway.

Front Side Is Ain't It Fun Back Side Is Supposed To Be A International Remix Of Ain't It Fun

Is That The Remix Where Every Word Is Capitalized?

Hey now, I understand why people think this is silly, but at least Paramore is trying to give their fans SOMETHING for RSD!  I wish it wasn't a remix on the b-side, but rather a demo or something, but at least they're doing something for RSD.  I wish my favorite band would release anything on RSD, whether it's a single song or a repress of an album.  It's cool for collectors to have something like this available.

That's the only reason people are bitching on here  ^_^

Ain't It Fun was one of the best songs overall of last year.

Seriously though, regardless of the music content, this one is just weird looking. Is it a half eaten cookie? Did someone blow up the moon and that's what it now looks like? If you turn your head, it kinda looks like a bowling ball floating on a black sea of abyss.

Not crazy about the price but this song is so freaking good. I'll buy it. Fight me.

Ain't It Fun was easily the most important song to me in 2013, so I'm going to bite too. 

However, it's supposed to look like a record that was snapped in half (a reference to the music video for the song.) 

I hate myself for being into this, but I am. H8ers to the left.