CATS RULE, DOGS DROOL!

I am super fucking pumped about how well behaved he is. The first 2 nights he was around he tried sleeping straight up on my face, but then we made him a little bed out of a box and an old towel and he's been all over that instead and it's awesome!

I am super fucking pumped about how well behaved he is. The first 2 nights he was around he tried sleeping straight up on my face, but then we made him a little bed out of a box and an old towel and he's been all over that instead and it's awesome!

At least he doesn't try and knead your junk. Yikes! Glad your happy with your new guy and he likes his new bed!! Keep us updated!

Has any of you tried this 'cat circles' thing? Might be old news but I just now saw this on instagram and will definitely try when visiting cats the next time. http://laughingsquid.com/cat-circles-the-amazing-phenomenon-in-which-a-cat-will-always-sit-inside-a-circle-on-the-floor/Post your results!

I saw this last last week and tried it, but I don't think the tape I used was bright enough. My cats took one look at it and walked the other way. None of them even attempted to get in the circle. Now a box or a bag is a whole different story. 

the other day my cat wanted to sleep on the blanket on the ottoman, but i had a magazine sitting right where he usually curls up, so i moved it over to the edge. he sniffed the spot and acted like he was going to lay down, then walked over and sat on the magazine instead. cats, man.

I'm sorry in advance if I bring anyone down, but I have to share this guy.

Our maine coon Piko passed away yesterday, he had his 5th birthday two months ago. It happened completely out of the blue, and it was most likely a result of HCM. We had no idea and no-one ever mentioned or informed us about the existence of this horrible disease and I feel so helpless and at fault for not learning or finding out about it before. Maine coons are still rare enough around here that even vets aren't really that familiar with the breed. I implore anyone who has any breed that is at risk for HCM to have them checked regularly (unless overseas it's common practice already).

Anyway, here he is:

img0006.jpg

img0014.jpg

img0334.jpg

img0357.jpg

img0054.jpg

img0458.jpg

And this is how he'd usually fall asleep:

20140305022428.jpg

20140510175530.jpg

Piko, I will always adore you.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't think it would, but when I wrote it all out it actually did help a bit.

It's a good reminder to us all that cats do need regular check ups. 

Yeah, we've been to the vet maybe two and a half months ago because he had some urinary issues, they put him on a diet and he got completely well days after. They did blood tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, he appeared perfectly healthy. I guess the only way to determine this thing would be to specifically look for it, but no-one even knew it was a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...