VC Dog Owners.

a quick search yielded no results. 

Thought this was be a cool place to tell you share stories about our pets. good bad and maybe some advice. 

so I found out the other day my pup got fleas. total bummer but nothing insanely bad. it was about time to put his flea meds on any way. I gave the little dude a bath and then put the stupid meds on him. Four days later I was still finding fleas. After thinking for a bit about what to do, I remember I interviewed with this company called Wondercide. so I checked them out again and bought THIS 

i sprayed it on him and within minutes I couldn't find a live flea. My dog also had skin issues, and this helps with that too. I would highly recommend it, holy crap its wonder....ful

I have two dogs (guess what kind?). Both are rescues and have special needs. One is blind and the other is still fearful after 5 years of being removed from a puppy mill. It's amazing how much they can recover in the right environment given time and love, but they'll still never be quite the same.

Fuck the people that create these mills and abuse these animals.

I have two dogs (guess what kind?). Both are rescues and have special needs. One is blind and the other is still fearful after 5 years of being removed from a puppy mill. It's amazing how much they can recover in the right environment given time and love, but they'll still never be quite the same.

Fuck the people that create these mills and abuse these animals.

Agreed. My pup came from an abusive home. He was about 3 when we got him (almost 2 years ago) he was a huge challenge at first. the only males he doesn't freak out at are me and my two friends Paul and Jason. he does not trust any other men. it sucks cause he's such a friendly dog to all women and myself. put a stranger in the situation he can get a bit aggressive if we don't squash it right away. 

If your dog had/has fleas, you need to spray around the house and all carpeting or doggy beds or anything they slept on.  Those fucker can linger.

I have a 5 year old pit bull/rotty/stafford mix who is the biggest mush around.  He jumps like 4 feet in the air to lick my face.

When I first got him, he had mange and fleas.  Kid who had the litter was a real POS.  Took the dog early because I saw signs of the mange in the form of him chewing his fur off his shoulders.  Took him straight to the vet from there.  Had to sew together tiny puppy shirts to keep him covered so he couldn't chew off his coat and had to give him plungers of childrens benadryll.  Was such a stressful time, but was so happy when he was all healed up and happy.

Nothing like the unconditional love you get from a dog.  Wish humans were half as lovable.  

We've got three rescues and do foster work.

We've had Johnny for about 6 years and he's awesome.

Sasha is our second and she just had FHO (femer head ostectomy) surgery last week and is recovering. Hopefully this will alleviate a bunch of pain in her hip. She's a trooper.

Bennie is our third dog. He's a tripod and such a goon.

All three are muttly mutts and are the greatest! We bought a one acre property last summer and they love it.

If your dog had/has fleas, you need to spray around the house and all carpeting or doggy beds or anything they slept on.  Those fucker can linger.

Yup. Had to do this once. Bleached the basement and tile, sprayed the furniture and carpets. Then got out of there and stayed with my parents for a day. Came back, opened the windows, aired it out, and was back to normal about another day later.

I'd probably recommend wearing an actual respirator while spraying. I didn't (just one of those dust masks) but probably should have. I didn't gain mutant powers or get cancer or anything, though.

Read "for pets" and "for home"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flea

It would be a real long shot if a bath only worked. I guess if you got it really early there might be a chance.

While we are on the topic of fleas, everyone needs to know not to buy the over the counter hartz flea shit from walmart/Petsmart/whatever. It's extremely toxic and animals die from it all the time. www.hartzvictims.org

Not sure what to think of this. Flea treatments are nasty. You are directly applying a pesticide to living thing. Kinda seems like it would be hard to find something that universally kills an insect but has no impact on dogs/cats/people. If you read that wikipedia page, almost every line about a flea treatment says "X is effective but in some cases, it can have Y negative side effect".

Seems to me like the way to go is to give a small test to the animal to try of anything you use. If no adverse effects, hit that problem hard (flea bath, frontline, and at a minimum spraying the locations the animal really frequents a lot if not the whole house). No one wants to be spraying that shit, even worse to do a half ass job and have to do it multiple times.

i love my dog, shes pretty awesome.

a2b14680b86f11e3add112b8d6ee8100_8.jpg

she naps next to my desk while i work w/ her hind paw covering her face

a3022164b6ca11e38fe212fe268c46c4_8.jpg

sometimes she lays w/ her head draped over the side of couch

098aa19eaf1f11e3a4f412584b9218a9_8.jpg

oh hai

dbb2fb94ad9411e38c581263ddcbdee9_8.jpg

she also thinks shes a cat and sits on the side arm of our couch

39a55394a59a11e3936e1235d810ed89_8.jpg

and she hates the rain

68a00c2ea0a011e3836e121e66d6e8e0_8.jpg

Not sure what to think of this. Flea treatments are nasty. You are directly applying a pesticide to living thing. Kinda seems like it would be hard to find something that universally kills an insect but has no impact on dogs/cats/people. If you read that wikipedia page, almost every line about a flea treatment says "X is effective but in some cases, it can have Y negative side effect".

Seems to me like the way to go is to give a small test to the animal to try of anything you use. If no adverse effects, hit that problem hard (flea bath, frontline, and at a minimum spraying the locations the animal really frequents a lot if not the whole house). No one wants to be spraying that shit, even worse to do a half ass job and have to do it multiple times.

i give my dog a pill i get from my vet, its cheaper than the stuff you get from pet stores and doesn't leave that weird residue on her coat.

here it is http://www.comfortis.com/

My dog was a rescue found wondering the streets and begging for food in Tennessee after the hurricanes a couple years ago. I got her via petfinder.com when I was drunk and it was the best drunk decision I've ever made. She's a corgi mixed with some bigger dogs so she got tiny legs with a pretty large body and head.

w60wHXe.jpg

wBJRS7t.jpg

KPlDdDb.jpg

OgKuVQl.jpg

Dh0ivcn.jpg

PScfNgr.jpg