VC Dog Owners.

I wish my dog could have been part of our wedding. that's awesome.

Here is my old lady... Her name is Stella and i adopted her when she was about 8 weeks old, and she will turn 10 in August.  This is from the bring your dog to the ballpark day a month or so ago.

10013168_1391842261038203_1311029412_n_z

Then my wife surprised me with this little fella about 3 weeks ago.  He is a handful of craziness. His name is Markley and yes he is named after OMM.  He is a pit/poodle mix, so i am interested in seeing how he turns out.

omm_zps11d6ac0d.png

and one last one from a few days ago.... after 3 weeks they are finally becoming friends.

926811_311438819022694_970287895_n_zps04

My dog doesn't like other dogs. It makes me sad because everyone (walking their dogs) is always like "hey is your dog friendly?" and I'm like not really and then they proceed to put our dogs together and get upset when my dog snaps at theirs and then I get to apologize like an asshole.

It also makes me sad because I want doggy playdates.

I kind of know what you mean.  My dog (25 lb corgi) doesn't always play well with dogs his size and smaller.  He just likes to play rough and dogs smaller than him don't always react well to it, so I have to be pretty vigilant when we go to the park.  He's great with any dog bigger than him though.

I wish my dog could have been part of our wedding. that's awesome.

Here is my old lady... Her name is Stella and i adopted her when she was about 8 weeks old, and she will turn 10 in August.  This is from the bring your dog to the ballpark day a month or so ago.

10013168_1391842261038203_1311029412_n_z

Nice! They are doing bark in the park tomorrow at the Durham Bulls stadium which I'm takin my pup to. 

and even though some dingus was hatin on pugs several page back, heres a picture update of the little derp

10004260_305627792946657_1479688544_n.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My pup was a rescue as well. Clearly abused as a puppy. I got him when he was about a year old through the SPCA. He wouldn't come near any of us for weeks before he eventually warmed up to me. I've had him for about 2 years now, and he has become one of the happiest dogs I know. He's also one of the most well-behaved dogs I know.

1495495_10203098025791777_1137108307_n.j1396064_10202772898143789_432320856_n.jp302337_10201261703444866_595258003_n.jpg263963_4686112711030_1285934997_n.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My dog is fairly aggressive towards others. I keep her under control and don't let her around others (she is awesome with other people, though). Was walking her the other day and some moron had his dog on the front yard without a leash. Ran right up to mine on the sidewalk.

I can't say what would have happened otherwise, but I pinned her head between my legs and held her tight until the other owner grabbed theirs (mine is a 100 pound american pitbull terrier and was fighting me pretty hard but I'm stronger). Had my heart going a million beats a minute.

Point being, leashes always outside your house and yard. It doesn't matter if your dog is always nice.

Hey all. Do any of you guys have insurance for your doggies? I am shopping around and I've gotten some recommendations but figured I'd reach out to VC peeps and see what your thoughts are?

I dont and thankfully my dog has been pretty problem free over the last 7 years ive had her, but my friend who does have a crazy dog who has hurt himself a few times has it and its been really helpful for him.

When i have looked into it though i ask my vet for recommendations on what they take so you might want to do that if you already have a vet established.

We established a vet and they recommended Trupanion. Seems alright so far on all the stuff I've been reading but always looking for other options and ideas from anyone who's had pets longer than I and of course has insurance.

Ill see what my buddy has, theyve always been good for him.

Hes got a crazy Boston Terrier/Boxer mix whos broken his jaw and shit from running into stuff so hard and he didnt have to pay too much.

the whole puppy thing was a shock to me, I’d always had dogs growing up and been around animals but never raised a puppy. I wanted an older dog but jimmy wanted a puppy so we could raise it how we wanted, so that’s how frank came about. I had no idea a puppy was so much work! I’m definitely open to getting another rescue in the future, maybe when we move into a bigger house or something. Even though we already got a dog I still find myself stalking rescue and shelter websites.

luckily someone is almost always home with him since we work opposite schedules, and he’s only crated overnight, but he’s still a handful! And the amount of money I’ve spent on him, I feel crazy. Between the really expensive blue buffalo dog food/treats, the crate, the bed, toys, leash and collar, several vet visits, heart worm and flea prevention, AND the puppy classes, phew.

there’s just so much literature out there about socializing your puppy before it’s too late, we’ve been working crazy hard to get him out and meeting people/dogs in safe environment. So far he’s been VERY submissive when meeting other dogs, so we’re really trying to build his confidence. I want my dog to be that dog that can go anywhere and just be cool in any situation around people and other dogs, so i’m hoping we’re doing enough.