Film Scores/Soundtracks that deserve a release/repress

I know people who were disappointed with it. I first saw it on HBO in the early 90's & it stuck with me for some reason. A lot of that probably has to do with the score. Just really haunting & memorable. Visually it's like a trippy Terminator w/ slasher sensibilities. Cameos by Lemmy & Iggy Pop's voice just add to the awesomeness. When it finally was given a legitimate & totally uncensored release in 2009 I was elated. Can't say enough good things about it but it's kind of an acquired taste. I love it more every time I watch it.  

I know people who were disappointed with it. I first saw it on HBO in the early 90's & it stuck with me for some reason. A lot of that probably has to do with the score. Just really haunting & memorable. Visually it's like a trippy Terminator w/ slasher sensibilities. Cameos by Lemmy & Iggy Pop's voice just add to the awesomeness. When it finally was given a legitimate & totally uncensored release in 2009 I was elated. Can't say enough good things about it but it's kind of an acquired taste. I love it more every time I watch it.

Haunting and memorable score? Like a trippy Terminator with slasher sensibilities? If Netflix had told me that I would have watched it immediately. Definitely watching that tonight.

I was all set to buy Only Lovers Left Alive and Under the Skin OSTs and then on payday had a huge car thing happen. Haven't seen UtS yet, but seeing the trailer before OLLA was enough to know I want the score.

• 2 weeks later...

I was all set to buy Only Lovers Left Alive and Under the Skin OSTs and then on payday had a huge car thing happen. Haven't seen UtS yet, but seeing the trailer before OLLA was enough to know I want the score.

Was listening to this soundtrack again today and thought I'd see if anyone posted anything about it here. I like it a lot. It's mostly droney instrumentals with an increasing Middle Eastern influence as the record progresses that I think a lot of people here would like.

The opening sequence of the film is set to a cover of Wanda Jackson's Funnel of Love and rules. I'm pretty sure most vinyl enthusiasts will appreciate it.  I've posted it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meHc-w5S8eA

Would be awesome to see that! I bought a copy for 50 € a year or so ago and was soooooooooooooooooo happy. When it arrived I recognized it was a boot. Unfortunatly it was a very bad one, with clicks and pops all over :( So I had to return it. I hope this gets a proper pressing in the near furture. such an awesome soundtrack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...