PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Just saying you don't have to pay $45 to hear it, brah. The vinyl medium carries with it a certain expense. Turntables aren't cheap. Receivers aren't cheap. Speakers aren't cheap. No one who truly listens to records in it for efficiency.

I think what he's saying is "if you don't like the price, don't be a bitch. Don't buy it on vinyl, just listen to your digital copy and suck it up instead of whining about the price." Which neither I nor he was directing specifically at you by the way, so please don't direct your anger toward me for trying to clarify.

His follow up post just solidifies that this is his point, as he talks about the other expenses involved in this hobby.

He may also just be trolling you. :)

I think what he's saying is "if you don't like the price, don't be a bitch. Don't buy it on vinyl, just listen to your digital copy and suck it up instead of whining about the price." Which neither I nor he was directing specifically at you by the way, so please don't direct your anger toward me for trying to clarify.

His follow up post just solidifies that this is his point, as he talks about the other expenses involved in this hobby.

He may also just be trolling you. :)

Mostly A, and little bit of B, haha.

There's just been a lot of whining about prices (and, well, everything else) lately, and I think it's kind of bullshit.  If you choose records as your preferred medium of music, there's an inherent cost that comes with it.  The pizza thing up there actually works for my point.  If you want pizza, you can just cheaply put ketchup on bread, or you spend the money and get better quality.  I'm not saying it doesn't suck that this costs $45, but not all records are going to cost $10, especially high quality, double LP imports.  The hobby(!) isn't cheap.  There's lots of cheaper way to enjoy the music.  Which is why we all buy records, RIGHT?

Most posts weren't directed toward anyone specific on here, and definitely were intended to be a bit tongue and cheek.  Old guy on the internet.

More like a $10 pizza. Except, the pizza guy knows you really want the pizza. And he knows other people really want to pizza. So he decides troll everyone and sell his pizza for $20 and only on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of every month (excluding June and September). 

This is a horribly comparison, but everyone if talking about pizza. And I actually just made one (waiting for the oven to heat up).

v4mlvd.jpg

Really, I just made this post to show off my pizza and make everyone jealous. This compensates for me being jealous because I don't want to pay for this album. 

More like a $10 pizza. Except, the pizza guy knows you really want the pizza. And he knows other people really want to pizza. So he decides troll everyone and sell his pizza for $20 and only on the 2nd and 3rd Wednesday of every month (excluding June and September).

This is a horribly comparison, but everyone if talking about pizza. And I actually just made one (waiting for the oven to heat up).

v4mlvd.jpg

Really, I just made this post to show off my pizza and make everyone jealous. This compensates for me being jealous because I don't want to pay for this album.

where do you live? Too early for pizza! Its breakfast time!

This is incredibly accurate. I can't wait to be off

So any idea when Juno is going to put up orders?

Juno usually puts its up for sale once they get them in 

sign up for the email notification..it's what i usually do and haven't missed any of the MOV releases...they always have the best prices and fast shipping

only reason i went with SSD is because this has been an absolute need so rationality went out the window for me when they went up :)

Wow had a busy week and havent made it on here and boom, one of my all time favs and wishlist lps is being pressed! Very happy! Hopefully MOV doesnt screw the pooch on the artwork as it really is a big part of this record.

Also it does sound fairly plausible that those Euro bootlegs came off the same stampers these did... similar area (Europe) and similar cover setup it seems... along with the fact that MOV were probably pressing or leading up to pressing around the same time, interesting. Bet MOV were pissed if it is the case :angry: haha.

Will hopefully preorder this wednesday, cross fingers I get a gold copy but it might be a bit late it seems (will preorder off wowhd as they do free shipping to NZ, or at least cover it in their costs).

Damn excited right now.

Its good to hear that you guys are happy with this re-release, but I have been disappointed with Music on Vinyl reissues so much lately, that I just cant pull the trigger and order this. The work they are putting into remastering all the reissues (read: not remastering at all for vinyl but taking it straight from CD), is declining and declining. Yes, the sleeves look fine, but the records sound like crap. The worst thing I have seen lately is that for louder records they just decrease the treble, so the record wont sound as distorted. Dream Theater - Octavarium is just like that for example.

Its good to hear that you guys are happy with this re-release, but I have been disappointed with Music on Vinyl reissues so much lately, that I just cant pull the trigger and order this. The work they are putting into remastering all the reissues (read: not remastering at all for vinyl but taking it straight from CD), is declining and declining. Yes, the sleeves look fine, but the records sound like crap. The worst thing I have seen lately is that for louder records they just decrease the treble, so the record wont sound as distorted. Dream Theater - Octavarium is just like that for example.

I don't know that much about the MOV pressing qualities. I have 3 (?) MOV releases and I'm pretty happy with all or them. I'm not the high fidelity type of guy though.

In regard to the soundquality of the recent De-Loused press: Keep in mind that the OP was a PicDisc. I think that the soundquality can't be much worse on the new one.

I want it, but I'm not paying $40.

1st: better then the prices they went for when they were oop.

2nd: it's an import !?