PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

The matrix etchings are definitely not the same, I hope he's talking about the labels. Boot etchings are A1, B1, C1, and D1. On the MOV release it's 99127 1A MOVLP 1115, 99127 1B MOVLP 1115, etc.

kannibal, on 09 Apr 2014 - 4:52 PM, said:

Dude, that's some serious imagination/wishful thinking bullcrap. But hey, whatever makes you feel better about buying and peddling counterfeit records.

I stand by my statement.

so... time to sell original and buy MOV repress?  Anyone with both who can compare?  

I did buy the recent Circa Survive Juturna re-press thinking I'd sell the 1st press, but couldn't bring myself to do it..  

I bought both of these on 1st release so maybe there's some sentimentality attached to them.. (moreso Juturna since it was at a show, vs De-loused, which I bought for $19.99 on ebay in 2005)

1st world problems..

For sure, I recently picked up Depeche Modes violator by MOV and it sounds amazing! Same with my copy of Alice in Chains-Dirt.

Also as someone who owns the boot, OG, and gold copy, the MoV one absolutely sounds the best. Even though it's been said already just to reiterate the boot isn't the same sound quality as the MoV.

If gold black and silver were all pressed at the same time, what would make it the definitive edition? Colors are just colors (to me at least).

The gold goes with the color scheme of the album cover. Apparently black is supposed to be the best for sound, not sure how much I buy into it but that's the theory I suppose.

I'm still waiting for my gold to come in. I'm excited to listen to it. Missed out on buying the silver though, an that's gonna bug me until I get around to buying a copy. I'll probably eventually end up buying a black copy as well.

I have a slight obsession with wanting to own every different color of all the Mars Volta and Omar releases.

Bought both colors of Amp, I'll get a black one eventually as well

This is a really good thread to read about black vs. colored vinyl.  I like this response, as it makes a lot of sense to me:

"the good thing about colours is you are getting virgin vinyl without remilled parts mixed back in it .
the bad thing is the runs are rarely big enough to allow the stampers to get consisent enough to make every record the same as the last.
in the factory i worked at on automatic machines and audiophile pressings the first 250 or so were often considered "warm up parts" by Quality control and thrown away .
on a normal run production started after 10 discs

i remember a u2 pressing in red vinyl that the band rejected for noise the first time round
the next time the damn factory had to press 1000 just for the test pressing before things settled down and they made me do the QC ! so it was only after 1000 copies i found 5 copies in a row where the the stampers had settled down!
i never found that problem with black

that said i have never heard about a definative colour that was best
every plant uses its own methods , i don't think colour is the only or best measure to judge by"

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/mastering-forum/381089-colored-clear-vinyl-vs-standard-black.html