PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Anyone order from soundstage direct and receive their copy yet? I emailed them and got a response that the shipment has been delayed 10-14 business days, with no reference to when it was delayed from.

They told me the same thing on June 9th. I canceled my order with them when I found out my local store received a few copies. They said they couldn't refund my money so the options were get credit with them or for them to send it to me through PayPal.

Been thinking about this whole deloused/amputechture scenario. MOV/Cedric have effectively created a nice little collectors item here through being forced to cancel their distribution of the black variant.This means there are only very limited runs of both gold and black around, making this likely worth more than we all paid for it initially. It also means the original version has its price fairly well maintained but this MOV release will likely hold a pretty good price due to its sound and now rarity, although who knows what will happen when Mars Volta finally get it together enough to release their versions of the catalogue.

Whether or not MOV hold their price or not is probably going to depend on how long it takes for Mars Volta approved reissues and the quality of their sound. 

Either way im glad I managed to get a good clean gold copy of Deloused from MOV. Im not a collector, just a music fan who enjoys vinyl. In my opinion it sounds great and I have always wanted a copy so now Im happy. Really interested to find out the full story around this whole scenario too.

Been thinking about this whole deloused/amputechture scenario. MOV/Cedric have effectively created a nice little collectors item here through being forced to cancel their distribution of the black variant.This means there are only very limited runs of both gold and black around, making this likely worth more than we all paid for it initially. It also means the original version has its price fairly well maintained but this MOV release will likely hold a pretty good price due to its sound and now rarity, although who knows what will happen when Mars Volta finally get it together enough to release their versions of the catalogue.

Whether or not MOV hold their price or not is probably going to depend on how long it takes for Mars Volta approved reissues and the quality of their sound. 

Either way im glad I managed to get a good clean gold copy of Deloused from MOV. Im not a collector, just a music fan who enjoys vinyl. In my opinion it sounds great and I have always wanted a copy so now Im happy. Really interested to find out the full story around this whole scenario too.

and the Silver variant?

Smart. It's good to see someone who understands vinylz are an investment.

Why does it have to have value? Can't something just bee cool to own and listen to? Sorry, but i open and play every record. If it ends up valuable, cool. If not, it still sounds cool. 

I completely agree, I threw my copy in the trash when it arrived. I mean, if the numbering isn't legit then what's even the point?

Instead of throwing it in the trash you could have traded it to someone. 

Why does it have to have value? Can't something just bee cool to own and listen to? Sorry, but i open and play every record. If it ends up valuable, cool. If not, it still sounds cool. 

Instead of throwing it in the trash you could have traded it to someone. 

Your sarcasm meter is broken.