PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

im not a huge fan of this record, but i never gave it a proper chance either, i feel like i should order a copy for myself just to finally give it a proper shot. it seems to get praise from everyone i know...

I wouldn't spend that much to give something a shot. This is a sell your soul to the devil kinda deal.

My boot sounds way better than the OG pressing, so in that sense I'm perfectly okay with my purchase. And my boot was actually just as expensive (if not cheaper) than this but I bought it from over seas so shipping nipped any of that in the butt. My boot is gatefold with awesome inner sleeves and it sounds great. I'm guessing this MOV pressing will be awesome, and I'm so close to pulling the trigger on it and being the judge for myself and just getting rid of the less superior. Decisions, decisions.

aren't the Mars Volta albums notoriously bad-sounding on vinyl? I thought I've read that somewhere before. Can someone confirm that this album sounds good and is worth $45? 

Well, a couple of their releases were on glow-in-the-dark vinyl and a golden picture disc. Those sorts of records are infamous for bad sound in general. Music on Vinyl usually has their shit together and puts out high-quality pressings. I'd say it's pretty safe to buy.

Damn this was such an influential record on my attempts at becoming a legendary guitarist. This album and tons of Jimi Hendrix led me to believe well, I'm just a rhythm guitarist after all for forever. Would be a cool record to own if it were like 20$ maybe 30$ going to have to leave this one to the true true fans :(