PO: Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animals

LP + 7" version of black and white (half black/half white design limited to 1000) for $22 + shipping. Out June 3rd.

Preorder here http://sunbathinganimal.com/ (US)

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/82461 (UK)

Listen to it in full here
http://www.npr.org/2014/05/25/314282136/first-listen-parquet-courts-sunbathing-animal

• 1 month later...

I preordered this from Amazon. Light Up Gold was easily my favourite album last year, in amongst some other stand outs it really shone! And damn they are great live. Singles off this are awesome already, cannot wait! Anyone enjoy the tally all the things that you broke EP, it was great too!

I preordered this from Amazon. Light Up Gold was easily my favourite album last year, in amongst some other stand outs it really shone! And damn they are great live. Singles off this are awesome already, cannot wait! Anyone enjoy the tally all the things that you broke EP, it was great too!

Yeah I picked up their EP about a month ago and I love the shit out of it. Light up Gold is my go to jam when I'm stuck in traffic and i gotta say it pretty much does it's job. I'm seeing them next week in Dallas and I'm hoping to get the new release then.

Ordered one yesterday as well

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't ordered from Reckless before, their online stock does not update in real time and can be pretty slow to update so they have to cancel orders on rarer things. Not sure how many they got but if you really want one of these you might still want to keep your eyes open for it.

Ordered one yesterday as well

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't ordered from Reckless before, their online stock does not update in real time and can be pretty slow to update so they have to cancel orders on rarer things. Not sure how many they got but if you really want one of these you might still want to keep your eyes open for it.

I ordered about 2 hours ago and got a confirmation email. Hope that means something...

Order from them a bit and always get a confirmation even I it gets canceled. I've gotten cancelation emails up to three days after I ordered, but hopefully everyone here gets one.

Looks like they took it off their site at 8 am their time. I bet that's when they open and probably took it down because they sold out overnight. I probably missed out

just got this email:

Hi there,

Thanks so much for pre-ordering Parquet Courts "Sunbathing Animal"!

I am very sorry to say, but owing to a hold up at the pressing plant, the final product only arrived with us yesterday. Your order is now packed up and on its way to you, but this does mean that it may not arrive on/before the June 3 date. Please note that it absolutely should be with you before the end of the week.

Apologies again and thanks for your understanding,

Jazz (Mom+Pop Music)

Saw these today at Real Groovy in Auckland and had to pass as I had preordered from Amazon, which hasn't arrived yet! Seriously you preorder with places like Amazon so you get it on or just after release date! To go into my local and spot it there (with like 6 other copies) and not have mine which is preordered a fortnight ago sucks. Ah well will have to just wait, anyone listened to it yet? My friend got a copy but he hasn't listened to it yet so im eagerly awaiting some reviews...