Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Hurricane Box Set

So  I just came across this for the first time today, and needless to say, I WANT IT. I've loved SRV since I was a kid, but have never bought any vinyl because every time i come across any copies, they are beat to shit. This is pretty pricey, but I would have a bulk of what I want on vinyl (minus some live sets), and I've seen some glowing reviews of this pressing (both speeds).

33prm 6lp - $280  http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/72284/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan-Texas_Hurricane-Vinyl_Box_Sets

45rpm 12lp - $400 http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/72286/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan-Texas_Hurricane-Vinyl_Box_Sets

Has anybody seen this for a better price anywhere? I'm leaning towards the 6LP set.

Pulled directly from the original master tapes and cut at Sterling Sound? This is gonna sound insane.

Definitely will pick up the 33rpm set if the price eventually lowers a bit.

my feelings exactly. I bounced around a couple other forums and people were saying how great the sound was, i'm just hoping to save a little bit of cash. Interestingly enough, most were saying that these recordings wouldn't benefit from the 45RPM treatment. Not sure why though.

elusive disc has 10% off right now plus free shipping and it seems to apply to this set....

just not for the 45rpm pre order which I shall wait for...

really expensive for both but he is in my top 5 of all time favorites so this is a must buy!

Do you think every one of the albums in the box set are top notch music wise? I guess I am not a huge fan having only his first two. Which I really like.

Do you think every one of the albums in the box set are top notch music wise? I guess I am not a huge fan having only his first two. Which I really like.

YES! Although I prefer live recordings I love every note this man has recorded.....and all the live stuff I have is on video....here is the tracklist for each album and I think every damn song is a masterpiece....been listening to this guy since I was a small child and one of the few artists I missed out on seeing.....

Selections:

LP 1 - Texas Flood:

Side A:

1. Love Struck Baby

2. Pride And Joy

3. Texas Flood

4. Tell Me

5. Testify

Side B:

1. Rude Mood

2. Mary Had A Little Lamb

3. Dirty Pool

4. I’m Cryin’

5. Lenny

LP 2 - Couldn't Stand the Weather:

Side A:

1. Scuttle Buttin'

2. Couldn't Stand The Weather

3. The Things (That) I Used To Do

4. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Side B:

1. Cold Shot

2. Tin Pan Alley (AKA Roughest Place In Town)

3. Honey Bee

4. Stang's Swang

LP 3 - Soul to Soul:

Side A:

1. Say What!

2. Lookin' Out The Window

3. Look At Little Sister

4. Ain't Gone 'n' Give Up On Love

5. Gone Home

Side B:

1. Change It

2. You'll Be Mine

3. Empty Arms

4. Come On (Part III)

5. Life Without You

LP 4 - In Step:

Side A:

1. The House Is Rockin'

2. Crossfire

3. Tightrope

4. Let Me Love You Baby

5. Leave My Girl Alone

6. Travis Walk

Side B:

1. Wall of Denial

2. Scratch-N-Sniff

3. Love Me Darlin'

4. Riviera Paradise

LP 5 - The Sky Is Crying:

Side A:

1. Boot Hill

2. The Sky Is Crying

3. Empty Arms

4. Little Wing

5. Wham

Side B:

1. May I Have A Talk With You

2. Close To You

3. Chitlins Con Carne

4. So Excited

5. Life By The Drop 

LP 6 - Family Style:

Side A:

1. Hard To Be

2. White Boots

3. D/FW

4. Good Texan

5. Hillbillies From Outerspace

Side B:

1. Long Way From Home

2. Tick Tock

3. Telephone Song

4. Baboom/Mama Said

5. Brothers

My only hope is someone reviews the 33 vs 45 sets when they can...I have been waiting for this set since it was announced back in 2012 and dont mind spending the extra on the 45 set if it is that much different....my table has the speed controller and the only problem would be having to turn the records over every few songs ... 12 lps vs 6 lps but I will be right in front of the speakers with it cranked and doing nothing but listening

YES! Although I prefer live recordings I love every note this man has recorded.....and all the live stuff I have is on video....here is the tracklist for each album and I think every damn song is a masterpiece....been listening to this guy since I was a small child and one of the few artists I missed out on seeing.....

Any recommendations for the live video releases?

BTW for anyone interested in this set, Popmarket might do a daily deal on it, though it might take a year or so for it to happen. They did one for the Analogue Productions Doors 45 rpm box set not too long ago. The sale price was way less than retail.

Any recommendations for the live video releases?

BTW for anyone interested in this set, Popmarket might do a daily deal on it, though it might take a year or so for it to happen. They did one for the Analogue Productions Doors 45 rpm box set not too long ago. The sale price was way less than retail.

Live at Montreux. U can hear the crowd booing since they were waiting to hear somebody else...its amazing. Just check YouTube for a bunch....last I checked they had a few full shows on there...

Live at Montreux. U can hear the crowd booing since they were waiting to hear somebody else...its amazing. Just check YouTube for a bunch....last I checked they had a few full shows on there...

2nd-ed on that set. I have that on DVD and its killer. the booing cracks me up

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought the 45rpm set with credit card reward points so I basically got it free...it is stellar! Hands down worth every penny! Bought mine from elusive disc over fathers day with 10% off but if you are a fan I would highly recommend it. Only downside with 45 set is there are about 2 songs per side so lots of flipping!