PO: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle: The 20 Hits 2 lp set Camouflage #d /1000

Yeah, its called going into one of their many stores and picking it up there. Shipping is not their fault, its a 25 dollar release, not a 32 dollar release.

When I asked about free shipping I was being genuine, not saying it facetiously.  It just so happens I don't live near any of "their many stores".  I never claimed it was a $32 release.  I said I was in until I saw the price of shipping and spending $32 on a record is too much for me.  If you really want to defend them, I would say $7 to ship a single record is a bit excessive.  Sending media mail across the country doesn't cost more than $3.

When I asked about free shipping I was being genuine, not saying it facetiously.  It just so happens I don't live near any of "their many stores".  I never claimed it was a $32 release.  I said I was in until I saw the price of shipping and spending $32 on a record is too much for me.  If you really want to defend them, I would say $7 to ship a single record is a bit excessive.  Sending media mail across the country doesn't cost more than $3.

What postal service are you using that makes shipping that cheap?

Just to reiterate what a few others have said, while this is a good "hits" record:

1: You can buy really nice copies of it EVERYWHERE for less than $5 used

2: The original albums are so good, don't let a greatest hits album stop you from some great tunes, especially when they're so inexpensive.  You can buy beautiful copies of ALL of them for the cost of this 2xLP

3: The early Fantasy pressings are some of the best sounding records I have ever heard (and I'm pretty old).  Go through a used CCR section, and feel the vinyl.  Some will be extremely thin and wobbly, these are mostly late 70s and 80s represses, don't buy these.  If you pull it out and it feels almost like a 78 feels (rigid, heavy) and it is in good condition, buy it.  The guitar tones, bass, and vocal recordings are unbelievable.  These are some of the ones I pull out whenever the age old vinyl vs digital argument pops up, and people say "oh, I see now". As has been mentioned, Cosmo's Factory and Willy and the Poor Boys are good starts, but they are all awesome.

Yes.

I dont see the point in a greatest hits album. ALL of their records during that period were excellent. Why would you want to leave songs out? Just listen to the LPs.

I agree, and also agree with the statements made about the 1st pressings - they sound INCREDIBLE. And the 45 rpm reissues sound even better of course. You could do much better for the money.

What? This has a bunch of covers.

And just to pile on what everyone else said, there is no reason to spend so much money on this, regardless of it being pressed on a totally unnecessary vinyl color.

I'll give you a reason, I had the money to spend and I wanted it in my collection. It may not be worth it to some people, but it is to others.